Memorial Day Weekend 2020

5 hours ago, reeltrout said:

Looks like I'll be busy. Would have went today but didn't like east wind, so went to Cayuga.

I’ve actually had better luck out of Mexico with an E/NE wind than west. Matter a fact my best days were E days, worst were W days. I know the saying but apparently I defy it haha

5 hours ago, Offshore IV said:

I’ve actually had better luck out of Mexico with an E/NE wind than west. Matter a fact my best days were E days, worst were W days. I know the saying but apparently I defy it haha

Actually I was more worried about rough waves going out of Braddocks with my smaller boat, then I was about the fishing being poor. I had some good days last year to with light east wind.

45 minutes ago, reeltrout said:

Actually I was more worried about rough waves going out of Braddocks with my smaller boat, then I was about the fishing being poor. I had some good days last year to with light east wind.

Oh gotcha. Yes a west wind for Mexico tends to bring more rough waters. Which makes sense. Good luck out of your port!

31 minutes ago, dickey said:

IMG_4243.JPG

Buddy’s 1st salmon

Nice!!! Looks beautiful out there!

1st time ever on O today, couldn't have had better weather, fished out of Golden Oak state park because it is real close to where we are staying.  Fished from 2:30 till 6. Had one hit, didn't mark anything.  Hoping for some guidance for tomorrow.