Changing oil on kicker while boats in the water

Bustersit

I have on my t9.9 when my trailer was having brake issues and our lauches got flooded. Not a big deal really. Used an oil pump. Didnt spill a drop. Now lower unit oil on the other hand, that would be a different story....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I’ve done my 250 Yamaha in my slip mid season for the past ten years with no issues. I use a DC pump with a jumper battery. A calm day a with no boat wakes helps. Like CK3080 said the lower unit presents other issues.    :happy2:

Could this be used to change lower unit oil in an outboard? I cannot get the drain screw out, but I can remove the vent screw. 9.8 tohatsu.

These extractors work great and will make that job easy.  You'll never hesitate changing fluids once you use it.

https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-24389-Extractor-Overflow-Dipstick/dp/B00LCEWR4A/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SNHT7BHZTW14T0C7A8PN

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would say yes but.....  The lower unit oil is much thicker than warm engine oil do the vacuum would have to be higher and the oil will flow slow but should be doable. 

You size down the tubing to the size that will fit into the vent hole. Smaller ID tubing slower flow. Pump it up and go do something else for awhile while it sucks out the oil.