Food plot 2020

Thank you Bosun Cowboy for putting my food plot in behind the house. Great guy, great knowledge, great equipment.

Can’t wait to watch it grow. Doing two thirds clover and seventy two pumpkin plants. Going to be awesome. IMG_1278.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Grass kicked my butt on the clover side.

Re doing that whole side with fall winter stuff. Hoping to plant by the end of July.

• 2 weeks later...

that is going to be great

Last year we had a surprise pumpkin patch grow from the compost pile. One day we got home and the only thing left was the stalks and one pumpkin. I always say we are growing steaks!

Bummer my favorite tree is dead and not safe.

Is this long term marinating with the garlic in the background?

IMG_6982.HEIC IMG_6982.HEIC

I have mine going pretty good now that we have finally gotten some rain. I have just under a acre of soy beans fenced off, 2 acres of corn and a couple plots with clover and Chicory. 20200720_175423.jpeg20200720_181046.jpeg20200701_130841.jpeg20200711_100554.jpeg

• Like 1

that is going to be great

Last year we had a surprise pumpkin patch grow from the compost pile. One day we got home and the only thing left was the stalks and one pumpkin. I always say we are growing steaks!

Bummer my favorite tree is dead and not safe.

Is this long term marinating with the garlic in the background?
IMG_6982.HEIC IMG_6982.HEIC

IMG_6983.JPG
IMG_4643.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks to Boson Cowboy my fall winter plot is tilled and planted. Watering today and a couple fawns came out to play in the sprinkler!IMG_1445.JPGIMG_1447.JPGIMG_1448.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks for having me up Bill ! That ground tilled up nice again this year. I’ve had a busy couple months. We are working over 10 acres of plots between 2 farms and I’m doing some side jobs in between. IMG_7001.JPGIMG_7003.JPGIMG_7014.JPGmowed 4 acres of clover this past week and fertilized it IMG_6989.JPGIMG_7013.JPGwe put in 3 acres of soy beans and they are almost chest high in areas. WGI_0028.JPGWGI_0020.JPGWGI_0001.JPGWGI_0031.JPGDeer are crushing the beans but they can’t keep up with the growth rate and size of the plot. All about the protein now. Clovers doing great also WGI_1279.JPGWGI_1246.JPG

• Like 1

IMG_1473.JPG
One week in with a little help from Mother Nature (perfect amount of rain)
The plot is starting to grow. Can’t wait.

• Like 4

IMG_3100.JPGIMG_3029.JPGIMG_2862.JPGIMG_2863.JPG

Nice food plots! I just added 3 micro plots behind the house last week before the rain. Mostly clover and a bag of whitetail institute no plow mixed in. This coming week it looks like Mother Nature will help us with some rain

• Like 1

So its been exactly three weeks since my brassicas were laid down and I would say the tallest plants are maybe 3 inches tall with most of the plants being around 1 inch tall. Good germination, just sorta wondering if this is typical. I guess I was hoping they would be a little further along three weeks in? I plan on hitting them with Urea the first good rain in Sept (if we ever get one). 

I guess I am wondering if that growth rate will really take off in Sept and fill in the plots which are looking a little thin with all the small plants. ( I also broadcast on a not super generous setting as I was advised against overcrowding the brassicas, but there are plants all over. Just not tight bunches). It's my first time with brassicas so forgive my constant concern.

Mine was seven as well but I did 17 17 17 as well as more lime before it got tilled.
No doubt I overseeded but we’ll see what happens. Looking forward to seeing what the Urea does. IMG_1515.JPG