Cayuga 5/25

4 hours ago, kayslay said:

250-350 Dow 70-110 down put a good beating on em yesterday. West side biggest pushing 11. Good luck! Small fish in photo 4.5 lb, big one pushed 29.20200524_122008.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What part of the lake did you fish?

I worked out of Deans this morning on the West side with nothing.  South wind was becoming a nuisance so kept lines in and fast trolled (3.2) over to the East side and caught this one right in the middle of the lake on a 3 color core....going 3.2....go figure.  Boated a couple more on East side but that was it.  Beautiful morning though.  Thrilling to watch a bald eagle soar on by, especially today.  Happy Memorial Day save american GIFall, and THANK YOU to all who have served or continue to serve for all of us.

0525200835a.jpg

• Like 2

What bait were they spitting up alewives?  Makes me wonder if bait is in the middle of the lake all year then predators are too.    Just have to be willing to drop down to get them.  That said, when fish are in the shallows they really battle hard all the way to the boat.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:48 PM, kayslay said:

No probe on my boat, however fishfinder made it real clear 250 out was the depth. For lakers at least. I wanted to set up in 50 to 100 but wasn't reading nothing. Dipsy's hot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I fished over 25 fow all weekend bouncing boards off the docks and caught tons of Lakers eating gobies. 3 color lead straight back was also hot

Also went out and jigged in morning when calm and hit them over 60 fow... Fish are all over in different modes

Edited by bandrus1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

I fished over 25 fow all weekend bouncing boards off the docks and caught tons of Lakers eating gobies. 3 color lead straight back was also hot

Also went out and hugged in morning when calm and hit them over 60 fow... Fish are all over in different modes

I was working that way Monday morning but nothing doing while last weekend they were jumping in the boat.    Maybe a couple days of hard boat traffic had them moved out a little where I happened to be trolling.  Oh well, that's fishing!