Memorial Day Walleye......We Sucked!

Gill-T

My brother has been struggling to find walleyes so far this year. Muddy water has plagued the water off the Catt. I thought I would throw my hat into the ring and see if we could find them. Trailered my rig to small boat harbor and took up a troll along the international border but ended a three hour act of futility early. Marked some nice bait pods but almost no predators around them. Perhaps they are still in the Niagara feasting on the strong Emerald Shiner run this year. Oh well, I guess we will have to wait for Ohio fish to show. 

Slow start for me on the SLR as well. Three times out, yet to establish anything that works so far. Still early for my home water, that doesn't mean I don't want to be out when they first turn on.

Fog chased me off last evening. Just enough to be dangerous with Memorial Day pleasure boaters still around. Don't like it when I can hear boats but not see them!

we fished buffalo 3 times now and dunkirk once and done well!  dont be afraid of that muddy water!   find structure and look for marks.  if you see them try different techniques till you get them, some days the jigging works some days the trolling works!   if we are marking fish we have been able to get them to t fire.  if not marking much try a different spot till you find them!  

Edited by machzrcr