My first lake trip this year / the bar

First trip to the lake for me and wanted to head west.

Got some intel from a LOU member who helped out a great deal ,I dont get there as much as I'd like so a little info goes a long way .

My son and a buddy went to the bar , drove up Friday and started fishing in the morning Saturday, I was at least hoping hoping with the nice weather and holiday weekend I would see the pack, well , not so much , the fog was thick. So we slowly cruised out and set lines . About ten minutes in the first king of 2020 hit the deck. Caught 3 in first hour ,couple swing and misses, and then a solid hook up and number 4 hit the deck . Then it got slow for us so we headed in and found some boats.

Fog was crazy and was trying to figure what everybody was doing so I didnt nuck the system people hooked up all around us , we set back up and quickly did 5 more kings all fish were between 12 and 18 pounds except one . Hit a laker as well and a few more that didnt stay buttoned.

All by noon.

So my buddy always wanted to jig a laker at the bar. Ok ,let's give it a shot.

We were in about 68 fow water looking for marks cruising slow, and when we saw marks we hits the breaks and dumped .

We did this for about a half hour or so.

We each had a small bump few minutes apart. 10 minutes later my buddy hooked up . He set the hook and a 15 pound king came to the surface, what thrill, probably played him for at least 15 minutes I guess .

Motor in idle , small bump on the gas here and there to keep the fish honest, went to net him a couple times and he wasn't having any of that . With no prop wash as we drifted we could see the fish going back and forth it was pretty cool .

Finally put him in the boat , that was our last fish of the day .

Wow! I was thinking as we were heading back in after high fives and all the rest , how do we top this for the next two days?

Well we didnt lol.

Sunday we put three on the deck , and too many didnt stay buttoned. This was prob my worst trip ever for them getting off , granted some were on for 5 seconds but some at 20 feet from the boat.

Tried lakers for my son after I dropped my buddy off at the dock , he had to roll.

Went for a few hours on monday for a quick trip before we wrapped it up .

And had a nice king that didnt stay buttoned and a steelhead , and had to go.

We fished 58 to 120 fow most of the time, everything fired no real winners , meat ,ff,spoons.

Great trip for me , hope to get back soon.

Thank you to everyone that posts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1