Repowering my boat

I'll play, Suzuki.

I'm assuming we are talking 4 strokes.

I think there is a reason the majority of the coastal service boats run Suzuki. I've been on boats with every manufacturer I can say the zuke and evinrude motors seemed to be the best running.

Hondas burn oil and are dogs. Yamaha are reliable just like almost any new motor all depends of you want to pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I run a pair of evinrude 2 stroke 250 hp etec engines run low enough to not need a kicker, i can do maintenance on my own hundreds less moving parts great on fuel, higher torque..way cheaper to maintain...

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I have Merc 150 on my starcraft and yamaha 250 on my striper, I dont think you can go wrong with what ever you get. Just make sure there  is a good repair shop close to home that you can trust to fix them if you need to. not all boat dealers work on every make motor you may find merc dealers wont work on nothing but merc and same for Yamaha, and honda . Each motor CAN need there own set of tools for different thing that need to get fixed.

I'd go with the one that has the best dealer network in your area. You will eventually need service and it's no fun having to go 2 hours away to get it. By the way, BRP (Evinrude) just announced they are going to stop making outboards and concetrate on making boats which will be marketed with Mercs. It's a shame because I liked the Etecs.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Rickbgm said:

I'd go with the one that has the best dealer network in your area. You will eventually need service and it's no fun having to go 2 hours away to get it. By the way, BRP (Evinrude) just announced they are going to stop making outboards and concetrate on making boats which will be marketed with Mercs. It's a shame because I liked the Etecs.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That really sucks......I love my etecs......oh well....they put six year warranties on them so they will be supporting for quite a while....