Traxstech Cleat CP-06

tj13825

Anybody using a traxstech cleat to anchor their boat while hanging out in the bays swimming or just floating? I recently installed a bow mount TM and lost the space for my cleat. I have a 24" track on the bow with a backing plate that my planer mast goes in so I confident the track should be ok but concerned about the cleat possibly pulling out of the base plate. I would not use in rough conditions or emergency situations I have other cleats on the boat. The TM has spot lock so not going to see a lot of use while fishing just when the family is out and I don't want the spot lock running while we are swimming around it. The boat is a 20' aluminum open bow. It is a minimal investment like $30 just trying to avoid wasting a day on the water or worse hurting someone if I get out there and it breaks right away.

ADJUSTABLE_POSITION_CLEAT.jpg

Thanks 

Terry

Anybody using a traxstech cleat to anchor their boat while hanging out in the bays swimming or just floating? I recently installed a bow mount TM and lost the space for my cleat. I have a 24" track on the bow with a backing plate that my planer mast goes in so I confident the track should be ok but concerned about the cleat possibly pulling out of the base plate. I would not use in rough conditions or emergency situations I have other cleats on the boat. The TM has spot lock so not going to see a lot of use while fishing just when the family is out and I don't want the spot lock running while we are swimming around it. The boat is a 20' aluminum open bow. It is a minimal investment like $30 just trying to avoid wasting a day on the water or worse hurting someone if I get out there and it breaks right away.

ADJUSTABLE_POSITION_CLEAT.jpg&key=004d06521d71f0bdb80c3dd761d2d65f8897f5fa4aa2cf3c40dcb1e9fb9b13ee

Thanks 
Terry
I wouldnt try to get towed in with that but for how you describe the use, as long as your bolts have full or at least 3/4 thread engagement you should be fine. If it rips out then you have bigger problems or take you family swimming in some crazy conditions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fat Trout thanks for the input. Well some would describe the wakes in Irondequoit bay as "crazy conditions" when boat traffic is heavy. Traxstech says it is ok for drift bags which I would think would put a constant strain vs an anchor which should see some slack and bouncing. i have reached out to Traxstech and haven't got an answer yet. Hoping to get some real world experience here.