Cayuga Cayuga 5/26, 5/27

I took an old friend out on the lake for the first time. He hadn't been fishing for years and has never laid eyes on a laker being a small, stream trout fisherman. So...I decided to target them first and try for silvers after. Put around 30 fish in the boat on the 26th and another dozen this morning. Surface temps on the east side, around Long point, have jumped to 54 in the morning and bait was everywhere. We got the "Slam", all four species this morning and only lacked a brown yesterday. My buddy's hooked now, needless to say!! 

Shallow program in 15 to 25 feet running spoons and sticks. Silver Streak green and pink alewives, and bloody nose stingers caught the majority of fish. 

20200527_081405.jpg

20200526_180330.jpg

20200526_180402.jpg

20200526_180216.jpg

20200526_210515.jpg

Edited by fingerlakesfreddy
  • Like 2

We're you south of longpoint. I always liked fishing that area. I fished out front of Deans cove today and did ok. Everything was deep for me I never went inside of 60 ft. Marked a lot of bait on bottom in the 70 to 90 ft range. White flasher with white flies were my ticket. Gonna go back at it tomorrow morning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

15 hours ago, Bstone said:

Is the college north first time launching from here Sunday and what speeds?

Aurora is north of Long Point launch. When you come out of the launch bear to starboard and get across the point before setting up lines. it comes up shallow there at the point.

Hey Bstone.

Chowder is correct. 

There's a shelf out in front of the college that's about 22 feet deep and breaks sharply into deep water like a cliff. I like to fish that break. I set my riggers at 18 and 20 and troll back and forth across the break. I'm running 2.9 to 3.2.  

I fished Friday. Ran the shallow program in 20 to 40 fow from Long point to college. Had a nice chop on the water until around 11 am. Picked up a mixed bag of Lakers, Landlocks and 1 brown. Everything came on the riggers down 20 with Silver Streak alewives. Nothing on the inline boards or divers. Surface temp was 59 degrees. The lake laid down, turned to glass and the surface temp jumped to 69 with the sunny, still conditions. Put a fish hawk probe down and found 50 degrees down 30 to 40 feet in 100 row. Bait and hooks on the graph there, so dropped the riggers and continued a slow pick until they shut off around 3 PM. Finished with a nice rainbow to complete the slam. I was running around 2.8. Could be bumpy this weekend. Good luck.

Thanks for the update it’s awesome to have someone to talk to that gets there more often then I do at the time.  Good luck on your next trip out!

• Like 1