Wilson trip

1 hour ago, cuttermag1 said:

Planning a trip next year the week before Memorial Day to Wilson. Plan on pulling our 27' Baha from Mexico. Looking for advice on marinas to dock the boat and lodging. Any help would be appreciated.

I just did this exact thing on Memorial Day Weekend except we went to Olcott. There are a couple places in Olcott you can rent that come with a slip included in the rental (which is what we did). I found the place through Airbnb and I think we paid $150/night for the place we stayed in. Transient docks at the Newfane Marina in Olcott were $1.25/ft/night so figure $30 of that $150/night is for your dock and you're down to $120 for a cottage/house. You can barely get a hotel room for that and we had an entire house basically in the marina with our boat parked 50ft away.  There are a lot more rentals in Olcott compared to Wilson and it's only a 10-15 min boat ride to Wilson. Fishing was off the charts while we were there too, can't wait to go back next year!

Edited by FishingFool34

lakeview motel 716-791-8668 is right on lake road between Wilson and Niagara bar.  Wilson Tuscarora state park has cheap docks.  $19/night if you don't have empire pass.  $12/night if you have the pass.  Wilson has a lot more food options if you like to eat out. Bootleggers cove also has docks and gas.  Strait across harbor from the state park.

Lakeview motel has a large community kitchen and dining area if you like to cook your own.  I would opt for Wilson as you are docked between Olcott and the Niagara bar.  flexibility if the fish are one way or the other. 

• Like 1

Since you asked about Wilson ,not Olcott try Googling Wilson Boat Yard Marina or Facebook , they have nice rooms  and a restaurant that is now doing takeouts as well , along with dockage . .IMHO Wilson , as Hawkeye mentioned , is nicer than Olcott for slippage [ more protected from Ontario when it gets nasty ] , rooms and food  along with being closer to the " Bar " if that is one of the areas that you want to fish.

Edited by Bozeman Bob
  • Like 1