Lowrance display startup issues

Although he mentioned that waypoints etc would be maintained when the reset procedure is done I notice he didn't mention whether when resetting - the software updates  are trashed.

The unit comes setup with original version software. Along the way there are updates to that original software that runs the machine and display. If the unit is reset back to the original factory settings software the updates are usually not saved; they have to be reinstalled. When the guy on the video says to use the reset process are those updates maintained as well as the waypoint settings and  other customized features? That is my question :smile:

No, even if you reset with a hard reset it doesn't remove the latest software; with a hard reset if you didn't save your waypoints they will be lost. Another reset (the one that being showed in the video) is a soft reset; with that one you don't loose anything.

A good habit if you need to do a hard reset is to save your settings with the waypoints so once the reset is finish you import your waypoints and settings so you don't need to reset all the features.

Edited by wallyandre
  • Thanks 1

Yes thanks I do that routinely. I just wasn't sure from the comments in the video about the updates. Thanks for clarifying:yes:

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, DixieDangle said:

I'm considering doin a reset and havent tried to save anything before but I'd hate to lose my fishing holes. Would I be saving them on a micro sd card? Can I check on my computer somehow that they are on the card?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If they are save they will show on the card with this extension: .usr

Edited by wallyandre
  • Thanks 1