Fished out of IBay 5/27.  The bite remains difficult. Boated a 6lb rainbow and 15 lb king and considered ourselves fortunate. Only two bites all am. Fished from 6 am to 11:30.  Started in 60 feet straight out of the bay and trolled east  to Webster park between 60-80.  Moved north and searched. Covered a lot of water between the bay and Webster park at varying depths. Circled back in areas where we had bites to no avail. Threw every color imaginable at them with spoons but couldn’t get anything to fire. Grabbed the rainbow on a green chinook diver (#4) with a green nuclear spin doctor with a green crinkle fly in 210 feet of water out 150.  Picked up king on green echip with green fly in 170 feet of water out 130.  Chinook diver (#4) again, this time with silver tape. Did not mark much of anything all morning. A few lakers on the bottom but that was it. Probe wasn’t working so can’t give you down temps, but surface temps ran between 52-56.  That seemed warm compared to the ice water of last week, but even so we still couldn’t get anything going. All in all a beautiful morning and we caught a couple of fish so not bad. Not what we were used to given the strong spring it’s been thus far until a week ago, but I’m sure they will come back. 

Many thanks to the usual contributors (charter captains to weekend warriors) to this forum. I catch many more fish than I deserve because of everyone’s willingness to share on this forum, and it’s time I start posting about my outings to assist as well. 

Be well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the reality check Earl. I was out in that neck of the woods last Sunday AM and had the same experience.  Minus the 2 fish caught.  A week ago was trolling shallow near Shipbuilders and the water was so clear I could see every detail of the bottom.  Very cool, but no fish.  Let's keep posting so when it starts to turn on we all know.

Earl good report remember that June is a difficult month to fish until the lake sets up fish will be very scattered I always found its a really good time to try different techniques and different lures and enjoy the beautiful lake we have

Fished out of IBay 5/27.  The bite remains difficult. Boated a 6lb rainbow and 15 lb king and considered ourselves fortunate. Only two bites all am. Fished from 6 am to 11:30.  Started in 60 feet straight out of the bay and trolled east  to Webster park between 60-80.  Moved north and searched. Covered a lot of water between the bay and Webster park at varying depths. Circled back in areas where we had bites to no avail. Threw every color imaginable at them with spoons but couldn’t get anything to fire. Grabbed the rainbow on a green chinook diver (#4) with a green nuclear spin doctor with a green crinkle fly in 210 feet of water out 150.  Picked up king on green echip with green fly in 170 feet of water out 130.  Chinook diver (#4) again, this time with silver tape. Did not mark much of anything all morning. A few lakers on the bottom but that was it. Probe wasn’t working so can’t give you down temps, but surface temps ran between 52-56.  That seemed warm compared to the ice water of last week, but even so we still couldn’t get anything going. All in all a beautiful morning and we caught a couple of fish so not bad. Not what we were used to given the strong spring it’s been thus far until a week ago, but I’m sure they will come back. 

Many thanks to the usual contributors (charter captains to weekend warriors) to this forum. I catch many more fish than I deserve because of everyone’s willingness to share on this forum, and it’s time I start posting about my outings to assist as well. 

Be well. 

I have been out to the 24 N. line in front of the river east or west for the last two days. I would get 3 to 8 bites would only to be in quality fish each trip. Things are scattered big-time we need a north wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app