Line for Slide Diver

80lb braid

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I use 60lb braid on my slide divers.

I do 40 lb cheap 4 carrier braid to 50’ of 30 mono that the diver runs on then bead then swivel then flasher. I like the mono for the stretch and the slide diver locks on well. Power pro is really nice line but I cannot justify the expense when the cheapest I can by has not caused a problem yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

30# 7 Strand Wire, 2’ section of 65# PowerPro, 50’ of 30# Fluorocarbon, bead, swivel. Leader material is Fluorocarbon, weight depends on target fish. With the diver on the #2 setting and a large #3 ring, you’ll get 3:1 dive ratio. I tested this with a Fish Hawk TD and it is very accurate. Join the piece of 65# braid to the wire and 30# Fluorocarbon with an Alberto Knot!

Have had 80 spooled for the last ten years. Went to buy new braid and the 80 only came in 300 yard spools.
Bought 100 lb, same diameter as 20 lb mono. It is 500 yards per spool. Will be putting it on this week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I run 65 braid on one side and wire on the other . Many times the braid outfishes the wire . And after losing a diver , pro troll and the rest to probably a kink yesterday AGAIN , the wire is going in the trash , all braid . I see no difference except when the fleas are real bad , but I'll live with that . 

• 11 months later...

For you guys using heavy braid with slide divers have you ever had a big silver fish break you off due to the impact of the strike?  Don't think they can be run with a snubber?  I set mine up with braid backer, but then a 100ft section of 30lb mono to the bead, then fluorocarbon.  The mono serves the purpose of absorbing impact from the strike supposedly?

@A-Lure-A according to my calculations -- 300 yds of 65lb will leave your real about 85% full with the leader.  If you add 100 ft of backer (i used 20lb mono in the calc), that should come out to full.  I use the reel fill calculator which works most of the time  

1 hour ago, ErieBuck said:

For you guys using heavy braid with slide divers have you ever had a big silver fish break you off due to the impact of the strike?  Don't think they can be run with a snubber?  I set mine up with braid backer, but then a 100ft section of 30lb mono to the bead, then fluorocarbon.  The mono serves the purpose of absorbing impact from the strike supposedly?

Slide divers seem to "slide" better for me on braid. Braid, back to back uni, 30' of mono or floro, bead, ball bearing swivel, 5' to 8' floro leader. Good luck!!

• 1 year later...