Keuka Keuka 5/31

Got the poles in at the south beach about 6:45 am next time it will be 5:45am  because the bite just died at 9am.  Had a bunch of releases and finally 1 in the boat on a Michigan Stinger magnum NBK with a pro troll NBK pattern. Things got quite and went to branchport and put out same rig but with dipsies instead of slide divers and got another in the boat,  

Green and White were the colors today.  

Edited by adesalvo
  • Like 1

Jigged up 15 small but tasty lakers yesterday. In the morning got some at the Branchport end and in the afternoon near the end of the bluff. Most from 60 - 75 fow. They liked a small 3" paddletail on a 3/4 oz jig retrieved just before the fish and jig met according to the view on my fish finder. Still can not figure out what they are actually eating. Their stomach is filled with these small mosquito looking objects which I believe are some sort of insect but I can not figure out what they are. Any thoughts? Definitely no sawbellies.- Al

I doubt if Opossum Shrimp look much like mosquitos;however many trout species in the Finger Lakes do feed on the mayfly hatches that occur all over the surface of the water. They were horrible during the Lake Trout Derby on Seneca and do sort of resemble mosquitos.

Matt may be right...the mayflies are a little larger than midges which are about the same size as mosquitoes they both are annoying though:lol: Fish do eat both.