Thank you to any members in Law enforcement

After these past few days and these riots goin on across the country and millions of dollars in damage, lives lost, and many others injured I came to really appreciate the boys In blue. 
   A  friend of mine whos a PA state trooper was just called up to do riot control  in Philadelphia.  What crazy times we live in.  I spent many years on the wrong side of the law and cringed everytime I seen an officer. Now I thank them boys for doin there Job. Becouse of them I’m alive. I’m free. I’m a better man.  
    Once again. Thank you

• Like 4

Another retired law enforcement officer here, thank you for the support. Our men and women in law enforcement/military put their lives on the line everyday for us. Yes there are a few bad apples in the mix, but the majority are there to protect and serve. Praying this violence ends sooner rather than later, with no more lives lost and no more property destroyed.

• Like 1

The good that law enforcement does for the public day to day is often not fully appreciated until the crap hits the fan, and throughout our great country  the vast majority of officers are professional, courteous, and helpful and just trying to protect the public, property, and enforce existing laws and get home safely to their families and loved ones. The common stresses encountered by them on a daily basis are often poorly understood by the general public. Can you imagine how the large majority of officers feel about this current situation and attitudes of some of the public brought about by one "bad apple" that probably never should have been in law enforcement to begin with? The real shame is that the actions of one bad apple and a couple of non-intervening accomplices have been generalized to the entire law enforcement field and it supplied criminal wannabes and anarchists with the momentum to break laws and carry out their own twisted agendas. The animosity toward law enforcement is totally unfair and irrational. One of the upshots of this current chaos is that when things die down maybe a new appreciation will be gained by the law abiding public for the safety provided by law enforcement on a daily basis.

• Like 5

The good that law enforcement does for the public day to day is often not fully appreciated until the crap hits the fan, and throughout our great country  the vast majority of officers are professional, courteous, and helpful and just trying to protect the public, property, and enforce existing laws and get home safely to their families and loved ones. The common stresses encountered by them on a daily basis are often poorly understood by the general public. Can you imagine how the large majority of officers feel about this current situation and attitudes of some of the public brought about by one "bad apple" that probably never should have been in law enforcement to begin with? The real shame is that the actions of one bad apple and a couple of non-intervening accomplices have been generalized to the entire law enforcement field and it supplied criminal wannabes and anarchists with the momentum to break laws and carry out their own twisted agendas. The animosity toward law enforcement is totally unfair and irrational. One of the upshots of this current chaos is that when things die down maybe a new appreciation will be gained by the law abiding public for the safety provided by law enforcement on a daily basis.

Much thanks to the men in blue[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

Cops are trained to have huge chip on their shoulders . Just ask the old guy in Buffalo last night that got shove by a cop that must weight 350 lb backwards . Guy went airborne back landing on the concrete smashing his head and pool blood pooled around his head . Then the cops walk over the the old man and kept going . You can't tell me the cops did right here . Could have easy put this old man in cuffs and taken away . I can't get behind the cops on this stuff ...

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

fisherdude don't be a hater of police, I watched the clip, the man is a foot taller then the cops, he is pushed backwards but trips and hits his head and within 2 seconds you hear the police calling for medical response team to aid him

Cops are trained to have huge chip on their shoulders . Just ask the old guy in Buffalo last night that got shove by a cop that must weight 350 lb backwards . Guy went airborne back landing on the concrete smashing his head and pool blood pooled around his head . Then the cops walk over the the old man and kept going . You can't tell me the cops did right here . Could have easy put this old man in cuffs and taken away . I can't get behind the cops on this stuff ...

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1) Where does that training take place ? What exactly is the curriculum ?

2) 350 pound cop. Funny. I can only imagine how poor your estimation of fish weight is off.

3) “ Airborne”. Not in the video I saw. Please share a link to the video you saw that matches your description.

4) Martin Gugino is a professional protester. Please look for the video of him prior to the incident which indicates he is looking to be injured by the police.

Perhaps find another forum for political discussions.

Now back to fishing.

Rusty
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Wildcat said:

fisherdude don't be a hater of police, I watched the clip, the man is a foot taller then the cops, he is pushed backwards but trips and hits his head and within 2 seconds you hear the police calling for medical response team to aid him

:thinking:

When ever we send out our public servants in harms way, bad stuff happens. Then publicity seeking alleged do gooders are out there seeking punishment while they sit there and enjoy the freedom they are provided with by our public servants. The publicity seeking news media then foment more publicity to enhance the views of the alleged do gooders and more troubles start. Stalin and Hitler would be running this country now if our "in harm's way" persons did not take up arms to protect our nation then.

• Like 2

Here's an idea.... the title of this thread is Thank you to any members of law enforcement. 

Dude....If you want to start another topic go ahead...… but respect the concept that there are many people who value the service that law enforcement provides, and that many people realize their job is difficult to perform in the climate of the moment. You might consider leaving the crime ridden metropolis of Ovid to visit Buffalo or Rochester during one of these protests and report back on what you saw...… on your own thread of course.

Again, Thanks to the men and women in blue.

Edited by Traveling Circus
  • Like 3

Curfew in Buffalo all week 8pm to 5am.  Protestors not following it, were on the street last night til after 11 pm.  Bail reform in NY puts just about anyone out on the street quickly thanks to our one party control of branches of government in NYS.  Emotions are running high on both sides and like any other profession there are a few bad actors which is unfortunate.    As long as laws aren't broken, feel free to protest however long you want.   Our law enforcement community is in a tough spot right now.

• Like 1

Here's an idea.... the title of this thread is Thank you to any members of law enforcement. 

Dude....If you want to start another topic go ahead...… but respect the concept that there are many people who value the service that law enforcement provides, and that many people realize their job is difficult to perform in the climate of the moment. You might consider leaving the crime ridden metropolis of Ovid to visit Buffalo or Rochester during one of these protests and report back on what you saw...… on your own thread of course.

Again, Thanks to the men and women in blue.

Thanks Mike, spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1