As the salmon move out deeper - launching question

I live 8 min from Braddocks so I've been launching there in my 16' Tracker Pro V. This is my first year trolling Lake O so I'm still learning. As the season/summer goes on and the salmon move out to deeper water (I assume they do?) is it worth it to launch out of Braddocks since it's so close, or make the 30 min run to the Oak launch? Friend said that Oak drops off faster so it's easier/faster to get to deeper water - I've never launched there before.

Thoughts?

sandy creek is a good alternative as well closer than the oak and shorter run to deep water.  but to be honest with that size boat follow the wind and reports.  you can get from the oak to ibay in half an hour that is a fantastic stretch to be open to and if you expand it to an hour you can get from sodus to the niagra there are always  fish in that run from spring till fall that is the benefit of the smaller boat 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 11:38 AM, ifishy said:

sandy creek is a good alternative as well closer than the oak and shorter run to deep water.  but to be honest with that size boat follow the wind and reports.  you can get from the oak to ibay in half an hour that is a fantastic stretch to be open to and if you expand it to an hour you can get from sodus to the niagra there are always  fish in that run from spring till fall that is the benefit of the smaller boat 

you are not getting from Ibay to the Oak any where near 1/2 hour

• Like 3

no but if you live near braddock (roughly half way) you could get to either one of those places quickly

maybe 30 mins with how i drive a little more with a calmer person

especially if your near the parkway that is just a very convient drive from the river all the way to the oak and anywhare in between

Edited by ifishy

1 hour ago, ifishy said:

no but if you live near braddock (roughly half way) you could get to either one of those places quickly

maybe 30 mins with how i drive a little more with a calmer person

especially if your near the parkway that is just a very convient drive from the river all the way to the oak and anywhare in between

I’m on vintage right at 390 so close to parkway and Braddocks. I’ve never launched at the Oak before