Took my father in law for the first time today for 3 hours. Worked from 50FOW - 150FOW without hardly seeing anything. Maybe marked 3 fish worth mentioning. Mostly stared at an empty screen and enjoyed the sunshine :)

I fished out of Braddock Bay on Friday June 5 and started fishing around 7:30am and based on recent lake reports in the Rochester area I set up around 70FOW and trolled out to 220.  Had some marks in the 70-100 ft range but not much after that out to 220.  Came back in to 80-100 ft of water between Braddock Pt and Lighthouse Pt and lots of marks down deep (70-100 ft range).  Fished riggers set at 85 to 100 ft and boated 5 lakers with 2 other releases.  All on spoons (silver/blue stripe NK or white/blue stripe Evil Eye).  Had rods stacked on riggers with 2nd line about 15-20 ft above bottom line.  All fish and all releases were on bottom line.  And all fish/releases came between 10:30 and noon.  Left water around 12:15.  The 80-100 ft depth is the same depth range I caught all my fish the last 2 times out.   Lots of debris (weeds/sticks/etc) in the water around 160-180 depth.- Mr Kato

Went out today out of Braddocks and headed west for a bit a few marks out 150-200 range no takers. Went from 6 to 10am then switched headed East to 100 to 7O and hit a steelie at 20–30ft down on stick bait 11lbs. And also 1 at 50ft with a cowbell and a gambler rig. But over just skouting and hanging in the sunshine with my pops. Here a few pics. Hopefully things will pick up more here in out. IMG_4430.JPGIMG_4432.JPGIMG_4435.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Went out today out of Braddocks and headed west for a bit a few marks out 150-200 range no takers. Went from 6 to 10am then switched headed East to 100 to 7O and hit a steelie at 20–30ft down on stick bait 11lbs. And also 1 at 50ft with a cowbell and a gambler rig. But over just skouting and hanging in the sunshine with my pops. Here a few pics. Hopefully things will pick up more here in out. IMG_4430.thumb.JPG.f009baf3f2a92b42f2da3bd66b5ebcbf.JPGIMG_4432.thumb.JPG.28489b220a28963688f45c105db95225.JPGIMG_4435.thumb.JPG.553d6de0f6aefbde5cad1d0cc8ef0515.JPG

What charting software are you using, I like the display

Sent you a pm. But it was a default setting on my after clicking the view button a few times. I bought it last year so no specific update for it.

Link doesn’t seem to work. I have the helix 5 di gps. But mine looks different.

Ahhh. It’s the G2 version. I gave the original. I wonder if I can update mine. Will have to look into that

I know there are updates available on the humming bird site so check it out but it’s a great view to have! Been very helpful for me and my father.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/fish-finders/helix/helix-5-chirp-di-gps-g2.

It’s been a great and very user friendly

Hey Double-D great post. I am finishing the installation of my Helix 8. What chart/card upgrades do you recommend beyond what comes out of the box. I fish Braddocks, I-Bay Conesus and Keuka...

I honestly haven’t got that far with the new updates yet. Just been running with the out of the box set up. But will be updating and playing with more settings this year. I’m sure
Your helix 8 has more to it then mine.

• Like 1