Electric Trolling motor with Spot Lock

Looking into possibly buying a new electric trolling motor for my parents Tracker Targa V18. The last few years they have really gotten into jigging on Cayuga and Keuka. I've heard a lot of people say that spot lock is a necessity when jigging, and I know what they mean when there is a breeze and you're trying to stay on top of the fish!

What is a recommended brand/model trollin motor with spot lock that isn't going to break the bank? It might be used 10-15 times a year. They already have drift socks which do help, but want to get an idea of what it would cost for a new trolling motor with spot lock.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

With that size boat you would probably need a 60” shaft and at least 24 volts.  With Minn Kota that would mean a Terrova  I pilot 60” 24 v with foot pedal, remote, and universal sonar at $1850.  You can save a few bucks by going with same model without universal sonar and the foot pedal for $1470.  The universal sonar is nice for jigging so a big item to give up.  The foot pedal isn’t such a big deal as the remote is very functional.  I don’t even have the foot pedal plugged in on my terrova and have it stored on the boat.  Tough to find deals on I pilots - you might check Hodges Marine on line.