Cayuga Bear's 2020 Summer Trout and Bass Derby

As a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Salvation Army will not be holding their annual fishing tournament in July.  In light of their cancellation, Bear will be holding a tournament on Saturday and Sunday July 11th and 12th.  Attached is the entry form for Bear's 2020 Summer Trout and Bass Derby.  You can sign up at Bear's Baits, located at Myers Park in Lansing, New York.  Note:  Please practice social distancing when visiting the park and marina area to protect all individuals using these areas.  Any questions please contact Bear at 607-387-5576.

image.thumb.png.573e79cba9af2efb9e3ac845bb7aef31.png 

Bear's Fishing Flyer Summer Derby July 2020 Mastor.pdf

Edited by Fishbowl836
  • Like 3

Would children in the 6 to 8 year old range be required to be registered as well if in the tournament?

Please call Bear at one of the numbers on the flyer in the top right hand corner. He will be able to provide guidance on this matter as the tournament director.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 4 weeks later...

Wait for me by the dock at Deans cove and Ill show you what I catch the big ones on. I might be a little late but the derby doesnt start till noon on Saturday.Lyteline that was the old days now I wear a blindfold.:emo:

I hear they are biting good at Lou's  cove. 

In all seriousness I hear they are calling for thunderstorms . I hope they are wrong.

2 hours ago, lyteline said:

How about blindfolded AND 1 hand behind your back...

no blindfolds, i need him to lead me to all the fish :lol:

honestly it's funny, when my daughter see's the fishstix boat, she let's me know we're in the rite spot now:lol:

I was thinking about you folks as I was driving to Ithaca to the Farmers Market today (my wife's idea). I was diplomatic and just thought to myself sure wish I was out there after the fish:lol: but on the other side of the coin I was beat from all day on Lake O yesterday:smile: Hope everyone stayed safe and had fun and avoided the storm. I also hope stix left a couple fish for the rest of you:lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Here is a picture of the final board for Bear’s 2020 summer tournament. Had a total of 147 participants on what turned out to be a very tough fishing weekend due to an algae bloom. Although the fishing was tough a lot of nice fish were still caught. Congratulations to all and look forward to seeing everyone next year. IMG_2912.thumb.JPG.12afd505d610fdcda25a009c9fdeea9a.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 3

I guess I got to eat some crow. We fished hard both days. Fought fleas got soaked. Saturday we  Went north and the bite was fantastic many fish in the 5 to 8lb range. Inc a 6lb rainbow  everything we threw back. Sunday my plan was to fish the S end for browns we caught a couple dandys there the week before. Water looked to muddy so we ran up past the boy scout camp and got into the fish again. gold was hot color Saturday silver was hot Sunday. Had a great time . I thanked bear for putting it on. I would not have wanted to top that 14lb brown with a lake trout anyway..

IMG_20200712_093400.jpg

Nice going Stan. Guess derbies can be like some other things in life...the excitement is the anticipation befforehand. I know before the old ESLO derbies on Lake O i couldn't sleep at all the night before:lol:

• 8 months later...