2 minutes ago, bigwalleye said:

Yep, ramps in nice shape couple weeks ago.  Fishing was on fire then, not so sure bout now, though.

It sure was. Nice not to hear you should have been here yesterday.

Don from the reports I've been seeing lake side and my son from the last few days fishing is tough. Cover the whole water column and do some hunting. Hopefully by the 27th water sets up, bait has started moving in and the game will be on.

River fishing for smallies you want to use a 3 way swivel rig if using shiners or crabs with a 1-1 3/4 oz. pencil weight.. Tube jigs also in a crab pattern work very well. You r gonna want a 1/2 -5/8 oz. jig head to effectively work the bottom due to the current and depth. Depending on water clarity you will be working 10-40' of water. Bucktails with a twister tail and 1/2-1 oz. jigging spoons will also take bass. Expect to lose rigs and jigs due to the rocky bottom. You can fish from devils hole all the way to the green can on the bar.

If you really want to target Smallmouth I'd suggest  going out of SBH on Erie. Should be able to get onto em in 30-40FOW  with tubes pulled across bottom or crawfish suspended straight down just off the bottom, 

Coming up from Cleveland on 6/27 - 6/28. Any information out on Niagara Bar ??

Also anyone know the status of Ft. Niagara launch ramps ??

Have fished the past three weekends between Willson and the bar. Have been doing okay between 80 and 120. Lots of bait pods and what looks like smelt covering the bottom in many areas. Took one temp reading on my TD and got 45° down 55'. Most marks in that area although we caught some nice cohos on sliders up higher. Didn't fish long as the east winds had it roughed up Saturday morning and wired up 4 footers Sunday afternoon.0613201705_HDR.jpeg0614201153a_HDR.jpeg0613201649a_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1