Gf and I went out around 4, almost no one else out. Started at 80 but didn’t get any marks. Set rods out at 100 and at 115 good marks showed up. Headed all the way out to 250’ before turning and heading in via trolling. Once we got to 65’ the screen lit up in all areas. Of course by then it was 9:30 and I was reeling up. We went 4/6, all small. One legal fish. White meat rig with white flasher took 3. Rest on green flasher fly combos with meat on them. 90’ and 65’ rigger dominated the spread. Very typical early salmon season outing for me. It was a beautiful night and the sunset was perfect. The biting flies have returned unfortunately. There were some jokers jetskiing way out in the 200’ water lol good luck hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jimmyfishny said:

Nice report, was out yesterday morning with similar results. Lake is starting to set up. 

Yes I agree. I was shocked to see the water temp at the surface up at 68. For reference, here was the depth finder when I was pulling in. Also forgot to mention one of the ones I lost was a screamer. 

944BB3F9-DCC9-48F1-98D4-D7817A79998E.jpeg

D1C3B0C4-6E51-4B7B-A1A7-EA975E458F93.jpeg

4 hours ago, Offshore IV said:

Gf and I went out around 4, almost no one else out. Started at 80 but didn’t get any marks. Set rods out at 100 and at 115 good marks showed up. Headed all the way out to 250’ before turning and heading in via trolling. Once we got to 65’ the screen lit up in all areas. Of course by then it was 9:30 and I was reeling up. We went 4/6, all small. One legal fish. White meat rig with white flasher took 3. Rest on green flasher fly combos with meat on them. 90’ and 65’ rigger dominated the spread. Very typical early salmon season outing for me. It was a beautiful night and the sunset was perfect. The biting flies have returned unfortunately. There were some jokers jetskiing way out in the 200’ water lol good luck hope this helps

Flasher fly combo with meat on them? Can't say I've ever heard of that before... could you explain?

35 minutes ago, FishingFool34 said:

Flasher fly combo with meat on them? Can't say I've ever heard of that before... could you explain?

Here is end article from Fish Doctor on "Sushi Flys".....link below

I fished with a guide in Ketchikan years ago that baited all his flys, small strips for the scent.

http://blog.fishdoctorcharters.com/?p=777

Edited by Rookie Fisherman

1 hour ago, FishingFool34 said:

Yep before I started fishing, I went on a charter with a friend out of oz and he recommended putting a small piece of herring on the fly. Doesn’t effect spin and is hidden by the skirt. I’ve never not used meat on my flies

25 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

Nice to see a report. I took the last couple weekends to get caught up on work and yardwork. If the lake is decent I’ll be up this weekend. 

27 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

A new twist, I like it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys. I noticed no one was really posting detailed reports out of Mexico though I know there’s been fishing happening. Hachimo I recommend starting at 55 if you go 

Lol. Thanks buddy. 
yea I was gonna run like I did last trip. Start around 50’s and slowly work out to deeper water untill I start markin them. Guess its time to Start running 2-3 FF’s In the spread. 

47 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

Lol. Thanks buddy. 
yea I was gonna run like I did last trip. Start around 50’s and slowly work out to deeper water untill I start markin them. Guess its time to Start running 2-3 FF’s In the spread. 

The white meat rig/white flasher combo is, in my experience, the best salmon bait I have found. It outfishes everything else I have 2:1. 

15 hours ago, Offshore IV said:

Yep before I started fishing, I went on a charter with a friend out of oz and he recommended putting a small piece of herring on the fly. Doesn’t effect spin and is hidden by the skirt. I’ve never not used meat on my flies

Well that's interesting, I've literally never heard of anyone doing that before. You learn something new everyday I guess, appreciate the explanation! 

16 minutes ago, FishingFool34 said:

Well that's interesting, I've literally never heard of anyone doing that before. You learn something new everyday I guess, appreciate the explanation! 

Sure. With the price of herring though, it can get expensive lol

4 hours ago, Low Baller said:

Weekend forcast for Mexico? Conflicting reports?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea I looked last night and wasn’t lookin to awful.  This morning there sayin something different. Thats y last week i told u i would let u know on friday if I’m goin friday night. Lol. 

• Like 1