White meat rig with white flasher???

Reading a lot about this setup and want to get one. Size and manufacturer recommendations please? Also the meat, should I just buy some sawbellies and freeze them or is there a better way? I fish mostly out of Sandy creek 

Edited by Dan P

Lots of good companies out there make meat rigs, it's more of a personal preference thing on what brand to go with. I personally like to run larger flashers with my meat rigs vs the standard FF setup, anything from 10"-13" for a flasher. I have used Herring and Alewife strips and both have worked well, I'm not familiar with sawbellies so I can't compare them.

I agree with FishingFool34,   however i do keep a smaller 8" one around too as some days they want smaller or if your running a tight setup with several lines the big ones do take alot of space to rotate.   I currently use GRC meat rigs and they work well with no issues that I have found.   If you go to smaller ones,  watch how big they rotate as the sharks and a others like that have a few settings from normal rotation to a violent large rotation,  they work great just be aware of what ones your getting.. 

Todd Bassett

Seadawg Charters.

Agree with above. As for the meat there are lots of ways to go. Sharon carries 2-3 brands at Narbys if you want to get started. After you get used to running it you can experiment with doing your own etc. agree with others a lot of preference here but most agree that meat flat out produces on some days

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

15 hours ago, Dan P said:

Reading a lot about this setup and want to get one. Size and manufacturer recommendations please? Also the meat, should I just buy some sawbellies and freeze them or is there a better way? I fish mostly out of Sandy creek 

yes it can get downright confusing when you hear someone on the radio talking about some dirty white boy flasher with small meat package. 

• Haha 2

Stick to the local guys.  Atommik and Minion.  Great quality and both guys are fishermen like us.  I run Atommik exclusively on my boat.  Over the years, Tom has taken care of me and gives back to the fishery.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gill-T said:

yes it can get downright confusing when you hear someone on the radio talking about some dirty white boy flasher with small meat package. 

What a clown you are Gill :lol: