Seneca Greenlinge

I would urge anyone interested in the health of Seneca lake to go to the website of Fingerlakes 1.com and read the articles by Peter Mantis regarding Greenlinge (sp) possibly being given approval to spew even more warm water into the lake. DEC,  can you help?

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that this is bad for the lake as is the unscreened water intake that is grinding up the fish and bait.

Edited by Sk8man

Doesn’t sound good does it. What did NYSEGs intake do when they were drawing for the coal plant? Is not that part of the process still intact or am I missing something? I was always a fan of that warm water discharge during the winter back in the hay day, caught tons of Browns and salmon. Anyone know what the difference might be? I haven’t had a chance to study it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Peter Mantius runs a site where he posts all of his articles.  You can subscribe to it and be notified when new ones are posted.  Here is the update with the States Public Service Commission's decision regarding the bitcoin mining operation.

https://waterfrontonline.blog/2020/06/11/psc-says-greenidges-bitcoin-mining-operation-isnt-subject-to-regulation-dismissing-environmental-concerns/