Canandaigua - Hundred pound fish?

Nope... Just a 10 plus rainbow with the stickbait in his mouth and the line wrapped twice around him and coming in sideways:lol:

2 other smaller bows and a legal laker all from the top 30 ft of water over whatever Larger (30 inch) bow came on solid black and silver stick on 5 color leadcore off walleye board. 2.4 speed. Unfortunately she didn't make it afterward.

rainbowcdga.jpg

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Nice sk8man what side did you fish? I fished this morning north end by crystal beach. We caught a couple 2 lakers and 1 rainbow. No keepers but still had fun! Was out with the family. Lures worked for me today was cowbells with bright yellow gambler rig,black and silver stick bait and a black and green stripe spoon. We fished mainly 50ft of water over 70 -100. IMG_4448.JPGIMG_4446.JPGIMG_4447.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, Double-D said:

Nice sk8man what side did you fish? I fished this morning north end by crystal beach. We caught a couple 2 lakers and 1 rainbow. No keepers but still had fun! Was out with the family. Lures worked for me today was cowbells with bright yellow gambler rig,black and silver stick bait and a black and green stripe spoon. We fished mainly 50ft of water over 70 -100. IMG_4448.JPGIMG_4446.JPGIMG_4447.JPG

We’re you running gambler rigs suspended ? They only work for me when I’m on bottom, great job

Thanks Andy Thanks guys.. Double D I fished only the west side because of the wind 5 color leadcore with solid stick bait about 25 ft down but who knows where he actually came from and I'm still trying to figure out how I lassoed him rodeo style:lol:

Nope... Just a 10 plus rainbow with the stickbait in his mouth and the line wrapped twice around him and coming in sideways:lol:
2 other smaller bows and a legal laker all from the top 30 ft of water over whatever Larger (30 inch) bow came on solid black and silver stick of 5 color leadcore off walleye board. 2.4 speed. Unfortunately she didn't make it afterward.

rainbowcdga.thumb.jpg.5ea39aab52bdbbd292534776495dc0b5.jpg

Got ya well either way you caught him so that’s all that matters! Hope you can keep catching more like him! Thanks for the nice report to!

Also (Thork9) yea I ran them suspended just to see what would happen honestly and it worked. But usually I run them
Bottom just figured I’d try something different.

On 6/13/2020 at 6:47 AM, Sk8man said:

2 other smaller bows and a legal laker all from the top 30 ft of water over whatever Larger (30 inch) bow came on solid black and silver stick of 5 color leadcore off walleye board. 2.4 speed. Unfortunately she didn't make it afterward.

Hey Les, how were the fleas?

On 6/13/2020 at 6:47 AM, Sk8man said:

rainbowcdga.jpg

No fleas noted but there was some green  slime on the rigger (possibly sign of algae bloom?) I only fished west side of lake

Edited by Sk8man

Very nice Les! I’ll be out Saturday. Hope to do as well. Just trying to figure out what to run. Riggers, leadcore, dipsy’s? Guess I’ll have to try all. Then where to go. So many decisions.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Thanks guys. Just good to be out there after being cooped up for so long at home avoiding this virus crap.:smile:

Yeah I didn't want to scare them Sammy ( of course maybe my face was even scarier:lol: Good luck this season. Hope to see you to chat in person one of these days soon.