Set up by 630 in 115 FOW water.   Fish until noon with limited marks.  What we did mark were most likely Lakers on the bottom.  There were some bait on the bottom.    We trIed everything and did not move a rod.  Water temp was 61 degrees down 100’.  Try again tomorrow!

I was out fishing out of little salmon river and noticed temp came up the deeper I went. I had most of my gear down 100/120 and hit 49 degree water starting around 280 fow and got better the deeper I went. 300/330 couple bites and bait

Fished from 9-2 today.  1/1 8 lb laker.  Hit a Rasta goose mag spoon down 90 over 110.  Marked a few bait pods around 100 fow.   We had temps in low 50’s at 90’.     We will be out tomorrow again.  Channel 71 if you want to work together.

Day 4..... fished 6 -12.  2/2.  One small Atlantic at 90’ over 110 FOW.  Marked a little bait and not many fish.   Slid out to 150 FOW and found no marks and water temp was mid 40’s down 110.  Headed into the shallows around 11 and picked up a brown.   Couple days left and still looking for a good fish.   Thinking of heading south tomorrow and try that way.  

We set up in 100 feet of water at 10:30 AM   Kept looking for 200+ feet of water but never found it. We caught two small kings and one 10 pound steelhead in 155 feet of water. Straight out from the inlet. The two small kings ranged in the 2 to 3 pound range and were both caught 50 feet down over 155 feet of water the steelhead came 70 feet down in 155fow. 

Drinking beer at 5:30pm. 

gonna go right back out to 1:55 in the morning

first time at Sandy pond for us. I don’t much care for the inlet. 

Out at 5:45am, went right to 155fow.  Trolled until 9:30 when we landed a laker, 10 minutes later an 8lb steelhead, 5 minutes later a coho.  Trolled until 3:15 when we got our next hit but broke off at the leader. All spoons, all 40-70’ down.  Beautiful day on the water.

IMO Sandy Pond seems to be more for pleasure boaters than fishing boaters.  That’s fine but man that skinny water inlet sure gets crowded.

1 hour ago, Fjaq said:

Out at 5:45am, went right to 155fow.  Trolled until 9:30 when we landed a laker, 10 minutes later an 8lb steelhead, 5 minutes later a coho.  Trolled until 3:15 when we got our next hit but broke off at the leader. All spoons, all 40-70’ down.  Beautiful day on the water.

IMO Sandy Pond seems to be more for pleasure boaters than fishing boaters.  That’s fine but man that skinny water inlet sure gets crowded.

Right on. That beach is used for pleasure 

Last day for us..  Fished 6-12:30.  Went 4/4 all rainbows.  Went out to 165 FOW first thing.  Mark nothing.  First steelhead was in 147 FOW 75’ down.  Bit a Mag DW killer bee on a 10 color.  2nd and third came in 112 FOW 65’ down. Both bit mag big fin tuna spoon.  One on a 7 color and one on a rigged.  Last one hit a black alewife 98Fow 75’ down.   We saw temps from 43 at 90’ to 53 around 75’.   We marked a good amount of bait in 108 FOW north of the pond.  Saw good marks at 95 on way in today.  

We were hoping for a king or 2 this week, but any day fishing is better than being at work.  it was a decent first trip for us.  We learned a few things, but the main thing we learned is we need to learn a lot more.  We will be back!

Tight Lines!!!!!

• Like 1