9 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

YES!!!! Thats awesome.  Weather lookin good this weekend so far, I will be up friday night. 

Thank you. I don’t know where the wave forecasters get their info, but there’s been 2-3’ waves all night. I’m waiting for it to settle down

6 minutes ago, Mosquito said:

I was doing a test with magnum dipsy divers and hit bottom 100 ft down with 266 ft of wire. Just in case you had some

I haven’t used mags in a while. They’re very much so overkill to me. I use the regular ones with my wire rods

One more thing- when filleting that salmon, his fillets looked like a mid September fillet. Very deteriorated I thought. To note, he did have a large lamprey on him. What would cause this? Here’s my list of possibilities:

1.) he’s been in very shallow and warm water

2.) it’s the way they are this time of year

3.) he’s old as hell

4.) he prematurely wanted to spawn 

14 hours ago, Offshore IV said:

I haven’t used mags in a while. They’re very much so overkill to me. I use the regular ones with my wire rods

I don't think you can get a standard #1 dipsey down 100 feet, can you? I sent a fish hawk TD down on my wire line and could not get 100 foot depth.

I have hit 70 with 250 out in my wire rod. Actually got hung up. I do not know how much further I could go. Surface speed was 2.7, but I don’t know the down speed. If it was under 2 down there, I think it could. 

Ive never heard of someone hooking a FH to their dipsey, that’s creative.

for my spread, the mags are overkill but I see the appeal. My riggers are the deep runners, my dispseys are usually for 65 and 55. So for me particularly, I don’t need anything more. 

Edited by Offshore IV