Went out of Braddocks today, started at 80 FOW and fished out to 260 FOW. Fished back and forth around 200 - 120 FOW most of the day and pretty much a blank screen for almost all of the day. There was one bait pod at 120 FOW that was 40 foot tall - but no fish around it.

My son landed his first laker and we lost a smaller laker and steelhead. Other than that, very slow day. Fished from 7am-2pm.

My flasher fly on my downrigger went off sometime during the day - and when I went to reel in the Flasher and Fly were gone, swivel and everything. What would cause that?

2020-06-16 09.39.57.jpg

Edited by Dan M
  • Like 2

We fished out of Braddocks as well 9:00-2:30. 5 lakers 1 small king fished mostly 130-220. Was hoping for some kings after playing with finger lakes lakers. Maybe next time.... still a great day to be on the water.

Nice laker! How was the drag set on your rigger? If it was stiff, a screaming salmon could very easily wipe your whole set. What line broke? Mono, flouro? Another possibility is it crossed another taught line. When two lines under pressure cross, they will break extremely easy. 

Lake O claimed another set, sorry buddy ha been there and will again it happens

Just now, Offshore IV said:

Nice laker! How was the drag set on your rigger? If it was stiff, a screaming salmon could very easily wipe your whole set. What line broke? Mono, flouro? Another possibility is it crossed another taught line. When two lines under pressure cross, they will break extremely easy. 

Lake O claimed another set, sorry buddy ha been there and will again it happens

Yes it was stiff - mono - I would have preferred to have it looser, but the drag kept slipping due to speed and depth of the rigger I assume (think I had it at 100 foot down)

1 minute ago, Dan M said:

Yes it was stiff - mono - I would have preferred to have it looser, but the drag kept slipping due to speed and depth of the rigger I assume (think I had it at 100 foot down)

Then that’s what my money is on. In the event that I don’t have eyes on my riggers 100% of the time, I’ll actually turn down the drag stiffness to sacrifice a large rod load up in the rigger for exactly this reason. 

• Like 1