Cayuga Cayuga first time, looking for advice

Going to try Cayuga for first time. Coming from Canandaigua area. Deans cove looks like the best launch option. Please let me know if I should be looking elsewhere. Which direction should I troll from there? What to use spoons,FF, cowbells? Any other thoughts or advice for Cayuga would be greatly appreciated. 

I fished Dean's today . Started in 40 to 70 fow looking for slivers going north . Pick up went off Aurora to get out of the Wind fished 40 to 70 fow again . End up trolling back across to dean to finish up at noon . Just caught Lakers. Ran 3 riggers was all no cheaters . Should be able catch lakers ever where . 20200617_063842.jpeg20200617_110127.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Going to try Cayuga for first time. Coming from Canandaigua area. Deans cove looks like the best launch option. Please let me know if I should be looking elsewhere. Which direction should I troll from there? What to use spoons,FF, cowbells? Any other thoughts or advice for Cayuga would be greatly appreciated. 

I’ve fished out of deans cove 3 days in June and managed to catch lakers on anything thrown out on down riggers (spoons mostly) and anywhere from 15 to 80 feet down in 20-120 FOW. We fished both East and west shores with the best bite being off of aurora and points north of that. Only salmon came directly off the launch at deans in 110 FOW down 25’. Wish we had trolled south of deans on the west side but never got to it. I’m new to Cayuga as my place is on the west side of Seneca but the fishing on Seneca has been so bad it’s made me trailer to other lakes.

Good luck! Please post what and how you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I was at deans today, Lakers silvers, some big Lakers. 18 to 24 inch landlocks. Beautiful fish. 

50 to 60 feet. Over 150.  2.4 to 2.7. 45.8 degrees at 60ft.  64 surface. North , South troll didn't matter. White tuxedo, Rl silver , purple spoons. Fun morning. It was rolling a bit. Find bait, you have fish.

• Like 2

What a day! Boated 16 fish from 6am to 11am. 10 LT, 4 RT and 2 LLS. Needless to say my friend and I were busy and had a day to remember!  All 30-50 feet down in 60-100 FOW.  All on riggers and small dipseys. 10 of the fish went for the Michigan stinger purple glo alewife. Purple black and white were productive colors. Kept some teenagers. Put the babies and big boys back. Largest fish was 9 lbs LT. Going back tomorrow with my 11 year old daughter who loves fishing for Father’s Day. 

5517F902-CD3D-4A4E-8F42-1877FA8478AF.jpeg

A3C87D91-CCED-496C-84CC-478AE64E561D.jpeg

• Like 3

That is really what it is all about Dan. Great way to spend Father's Day.Enjoy it while you can they grow up a lot faster than you think:smile:

• Like 1

We pass each other on west side . You were in the middle of 3 boats going south we were heading north on your port .nice job holding course . We did good landlocks 1 bow and several lakers . Had lakers hit main spoon and cheater same time . Found bigger lakers in middle of lake north of Dean's 60 to 130 down in 160 fow . We put some miles on today . Good luck next time out

A lot slower today but got a few nice ones including this 5 pounder my daughter reeled in2552CD98-4976-46A5-BF52-E75F3B975D31.thumb.jpeg.cab28b7ff2972682f9cbf9b3581939a9.jpegB6DEB6B4-1714-4799-8B48-35E0D6EED323.thumb.jpeg.9b249c8124ce574807ae6d6584185a69.jpeg
20200621_105129.jpeg

• Thanks 1

We pass each other on west side . You were in the middle of 3 boats going south we were heading north on your port .nice job holding course . We did good landlocks 1 bow and several lakers . Had lakers hit main spoon and cheater same time . Found bigger lakers in middle of lake north of Dean's 60 to 130 down in 160 fow . We put some miles on today . Good luck next time out
20200621_105129.thumb.jpeg.7616f0acfdfa12bfff89f77c51a8901f.jpeg

Brian, we set up right behind you as we ran up to the point hoping to target silvers. Not bad. 5 salmon 1 rainbow. The lakers still bit though with 4 of the 6-8 lb size. Nice day to be out. The boys had fun all the while chewing their Big Al from Uncle Joes!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Seen u run by wasn't sure it was you but your boat always catches my eye . I probably should have turned and work some of them fish Marks but just kept going north . Glad u enjoyed father's day with the boys fishing .

Brian, we set up right behind you as we ran up to the point hoping to target silvers. Not bad. 5 salmon 1 rainbow. The lakers still bit though with 4 of the 6-8 lb size. Nice day to be out. The boys had fun all the while chewing their Big Al from Uncle Joes!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Mike and Brian nice going. If I had known you guys were going there today I would have given it a shot myself. Spent much of the day reducing the chippy population:lol:

• Like 1