Nice job on the steel and kings. How far out of port to get to the 240' range?  I have a 17' Lowe w/70 HP Yamaha. Also, what are the best winds for fishing out of the Olcott area? I would assume anything with a south component would be good. Not knowing the area, any help is appreciated. Thinking about making a trip soon. Thanks.

Nice job on the steel and kings. How far out of port to get to the 240' range?  I have a 17' Lowe w/70 HP Yamaha. Also, what are the best winds for fishing out of the Olcott area? I would assume anything with a south component would be good. Not knowing the area, any help is appreciated. Thinking about making a trip soon. Thanks.

I believe on my gps it was 3 Miles to get to 240 range and I personally like south , south west or north west wind I’ve never had any problems just your typical easterly winds seem to be slower days ... a lot of boats are fishing 400 feet of water I personally haven’t pinged many fish and had no luck that far out been doing very well in the low to mid 200 ‘s this week

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, Al-slamminhogs said:

I believe on my gps it was 3 Miles to get to 240 range and I personally like south , south west or north west wind I’ve never had any problems just your typical easterly winds seem to be slower days ... a lot of boats are fishing 400 feet of water I personally haven’t pinged many fish and had no luck that far out been doing very well in the low to mid 200 ‘s this week
Thanks so much for the information. You've been a big help.

Thanks for your post. We headed out to 400 fow this morning where there lots of boats. We weren't having any success out there. I happened to see your post, scooted in around 250 fow and picked up a couple decent kings a a few steelies.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awesome