Cayuga Cayuga 6/19, 6/20

65 degree surface temp both mornings out of Long point. We found temps in the low 50's down 45 to 55 over various depths of deeper water (150 to 375). Fished south and marked fish and small bait pods at those depths. Concentrated on the deeper water marking waypoints on the bait. Steady pick all day Friday with the new moon. Boated 27 with an intense flurry of a dozen fish in an hour just before the storm came at 5:30. Saturday morning back at the same location we fished Friday,  running a deep program of divers at 35, 40, 45 and 50, and the riggers at 50 and 60. Boated 17 with a slam. Surprisingly caught 2 browns on the 50 rigger over 365! Spoon bite both days. Caught half a dozen good Lakers with a small set of cowbells clipped to the ball and a 4" green alewife on a stacker clip 10 feet back and 3 feet above the ball. Fleas were not an issue, although they are starting to appear. Weed mats as well. Of the water at 1pm today.

20200620_192532.jpg

20200619_173542.jpg

20200619_205026.jpg

• Like 4

I'm so glad to read what this nice man shared. He has given me some valuable information right at a time when one of my sons and I plan on hitting Cayuga tomorrow morning in celebration of Father's Day!  It'll be the first time out on Cayuga in 2 years.  I'm in a great deal of pain from a spine in need of repair, but funny thing about fishing (Fishing is my First Love and still is 64 years later)... it still manages to make me forget all my woes and concentrate on one thing... CATCHING FISH!!!   BTW... FINGERLAKESFREDDY,,, That fish you're holding is BEAUTIFUL and You caught it in my favorite Finger Lake... CAYUGA LAKE!!!   Thank You Sir!!!

Wuff, Cayuga is my favorite as well. The man holding that rainbow is an old friend that I met on the lake by crossing lines years ago. Unfortunately, due to Macular degeneration he is almost blind, but still gets excited by the pull of a good one. Good luck to you!!

Thanks for the advice! I took my dad out of taughannok this morning and fished north with Seth green rig, dipsy and downrigger and somehow skunked! I don’t know what I did wrong or if I fished the wrong depth as I did not mark many fish. With the Seth green rig I had to stay in 200 FOW so possibly I was too deep. My downrigger stayed at 60 and all my spoons were black/green with some stingers. I was glad to spend the time with my dad but too bad I couldn’t get him on some fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'd check your Seth Green setup because you should be able to go into a lot shallower than that if set up correctly even with intervals set at 25 ft apart you should be able to get into a hundred ft or so  with some room to spare. I can get into nearly 60 ft with 5 leaders with my setup if I adjust to 12 ft intervals rather than the standard 24 ft ones (i.e.every other bead chain)

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1