Father’s Day Braddocks

Very nice! Looked like a beautiful day to be out on the water. I'm envious. Trying to figure out a configuration on my boat to install a down rigger today. Were you using spoons or meat rigs, divers lead core or riggers? Thanks.

Very nice! Looked like a beautiful day to be out on the water. I'm envious. Trying to figure out a configuration on my boat to install a down rigger today. Were you using spoons or meat rigs, divers lead core or riggers? Thanks.

Big one on a black and green spin dr green fly. Other salmon, eight pounds ish on a NK mag black and silver. Both rigger shots, didn’t move a dipsy. I run a minimal spread, two riggers, two sliding dipsys. No lead core, no copper.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for your feedback. I'm new to the site and am anxious to fish Lake Ontario as part of my Great Lakes bucket list. So you have to forgive me for all the questions. I did get an annual non-resident license starting on July 1. From the beam of your boat in the photo, it looks like you might have a boat similar to mine.  I have a 17' Lowe 170WT. Was wondering how far back from your transom do you have your riggers mounted? I have 12" Bert's tracks and 8" risers, but not sure if I want to mount the rigger(s) on each riser or run a rigger board of either flat aluminum or rectangular tubing from riser to riser for more rigidity, then mount the rigger(s) on top of it. Any suggestions would be helpful. Again, I apologize for the questions.  Jim

Thanks for your feedback. I'm new to the site and am anxious to fish Lake Ontario as part of my Great Lakes bucket list. So you have to forgive me for all the questions. I did get an annual non-resident license starting on July 1. From the beam of your boat in the photo, it looks like you might have a boat similar to mine.  I have a 17' Lowe 170WT. Was wondering how far back from your transom do you have your riggers mounted? I have 12" Bert's tracks and 8" risers, but not sure if I want to mount the rigger(s) on each riser or run a rigger board of either flat aluminum or rectangular tubing from riser to riser for more rigidity, then mount the rigger(s) on top of it. Any suggestions would be helpful. Again, I apologize for the questions.  Jim

25 long 8 1/2 wide. Two old Cannons in the corners. Run the riggers on the inside of the front double holder. The dipsys out of the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United