Hemlock Hemlock 6/21

Tried a change of scenery for father's day as my dad has been wanting to go there for some time and enjoy being able to fish as we fall into the size and motor restrictions. Launched around 545 at the south end. Had to back in until my front tires were in the water and still had to get in and wade until I could push the boat off the trailer, no big deal. However went to start motor and no dice. I have a 2010 Yamaha 9.9 and for some time now it seems that every season I have an issue with the carb. However last year I learned how to take care of it myself and a half hour later I had it tore out and apart and back together and we fired right up. Motored up the lake to the deep water which had alot of floating weeds and set up. Took around 20 rainbows with only 7 being of legal length. Released all of them. All rainbows came on small spoons such as stinger scorpions. Leadcores were best with a few fish on riggers and a few on dipsys. In the mix the 5 color went and my son got to reel in a decent brown. Around 11 we still didn't have a Laker yet and I've had a goal for some time to catch a Laker out of all the fingers that contain them so we went out to 90ft and I dropped stuff near bottom and put a rigger ball carrying cowbells and a gambler rig in the mud. A bit later the cowbells fired with a 3.5-4lb Laker. Not much and could definitely have caught bigger elsewhere however there's a check mark on my list so I was happy! Thanks Brian Gambell! If you're looking to explore and have a boat smaller than 16ft with a motor under 10hp take the adventure for a beautiful fishery!

IMG_20200621_100846991_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200621_120324165_BURST000_COVER.jpg

• Like 8

Looks like a beautiful, peaceful place. I hope to go up there with my kayak someday. So nice to be able to share that experience with your son! Thanks for the detailed story.

3 hours ago, JJBat150 said:

Nice report and congrates on a sucessful trip. Hemlock is one of my favoriates - the tranquility makes it worth the time even if the fish don't bite.

What's your secret for getting browns ? They never cooperate when I'm targeting them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This one hit a 5 color leadcore with a small Michigan stinger scorpion spoon in a perch pattern. No real secret but I suppose it was in the right water. What's the average size of the bows over there? Alot of them seemed to run Small

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...