Trolling leadcore and copper

This maybe obvious to some... just wondering when trolling with these lead cores and copper lines should I be running what the down speed says? Or should I be running the gps speed. Just can’t seem to get them to fire. Don’t know if I’m using them correctly. Thanks for any input

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Always go by down speed if you have a probe in the water. Try fishing the lead a little deeper then you think, in my experience it doesn't sink as much as expected. Good luck! 

IMO it’s not so much the type of line you are running when it comes to speed it is more the lure. As example spoons tend to fish better a bit faster than say meat as example.
So once you get your gear dialed in on the riggers (and firing) then you should be good for your junk lines. Not sure if you are running on planers or down the chute but using the right copper and lead ore length at the right time of year matters. In spring for browns as example you may want short lead cores but will need 7 or 10 colors as the fish slide deeper in the summer
I use 300 coppers all summer with good luck but many get deeper with longer with great success.
Agree completely with above. If you have down speed use it as that will take currents into account

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United