Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Finders Keepers

2-28 Sodus Report

Well, I am definitely glad last weekend was the tourny! :$ Got on the ice around 7:30 today and as I was drilling the 2nd hole out in the honey hole from last weekend the first flag went up. I wasn't expecting anything with a flag that quick, but did pull a 4 lb pike on the ice. 8) Looked like I was in for a good day... Well, about two hours later (and no perch to be had) two flags went up almost at the same time and I iced two nice 8.5 and 6 lb pike. Ok, now it's going to pick up...nope. Sat and waitied until 11, when I decided to try in close for the perch. I found the perch and had a dozen or so keepers by 1 pm when I decided to call it a day - I was frozen!! Man was it cold out there today! So I would suggest for anyone going for perch, try in close (8 - 10 fow). For pike, I'm not sure. There were some out deep, but not like last week.... Perhaps they were north of Newark Island or SW of Eagle, where a TON of people were fishing.

Hey. Everyone has to have a down day every now an then. :(

Hey Hank - Yeah, ya can't knock 'em dead every time! At least I was able to ice a few fish! 8) Hopefully I will get into them during the next round of the tourny in two weeks!