Onieda lake question

tim

X 2 on that

Thanks guys usually fish Cayuga but my son wants to try and learn more about Onieda

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Personally I like jigging around 6pm then troll for the last hour or so of light. Seems to work for me. The only thing to really watch out for is the wind because it can go from comfortable to miserable in a hurry because its so shallow and big. 
Good luck!

Personally I like jigging around 6pm then troll for the last hour or so of light. Seems to work for me. The only thing to really watch out for is the wind because it can go from comfortable to miserable in a hurry because its so shallow and big. 
Good luck!

My son Loves to jig I’m a troller from the finger Lakes. My islander is not set up to stay in one spot so either drift or troll. Thanks for the response

That would be Oneida by the way [emoji6]

Never even caught that , you sound like my old fourth grade teacher.Appreciate it

Never even caught that , you sound like my old fourth grade teacher.Appreciate it

Tried like five times to change it couldn’t figure it out

X 2 on that

Thank you guys ! Went July 2 with my son and a good friend 3 limits of nice walleye ( only kept total of 3). 80% caught on yellow worm harness and 4 color lead off boards. In the morning.Thanks Tim

Thank you guys ! Went July 2 with my son and a good friend 3 limits of nice walleye ( only kept total of 3). 80% caught on yellow worm harness and 4 color lead off boards. In the morning.Thanks Tim

Hopefully I spelled everything right. [emoji16]

On 6/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, wallychaser said:

That would be Oneida by the way ;)

I guess they didn't follow the general English rule, I before E except after C, when they named that lake. But maybe it is because it was translated from a Native American language. So Tim actually followed the rule. I always get that rule mixed up. In those cases I am glad to have spell check.

I guess they didn't follow the general English rule, I before E except after C, when they named that lake. But maybe it is because it was translated from a Native American language. So Tim actually followed the rule. I always get that rule mixed up. In those cases I am glad to have spell check.

Worked my but off all day in the heat . Came in read these posts had a goo laugh. Thanks again.

Is anyone having luck jigging out there with blades or jigs still or are harnesses doing best? Taking my dad out Saturday and he hasn’t caught a walleye in 30 years.  Trying to get him back into fishing as a retirement hobby 

Is anyone having luck jigging out there with blades or jigs still or are harnesses doing best? Taking my dad out Saturday and he hasn’t caught a walleye in 30 years.  Trying to get him back into fishing as a retirement hobby 

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2020 at 11:36 AM, muskiedreams said:

guess they didn't follow the general English rule, I before E except after C, when they named that lake. But maybe it is because it was translated from a Native American language. So Tim actually followed the rule. I always get that rule mixed up. In those cases I am glad to have spell check.

Weird.