New Boat Registration time frame

IMG_4528.thumb.jpg.de779356d14c4aebce3952fab146d7a7.jpgI just picked up my new Fish Master 210 last night. I bought it in Pennsylvania and need to title and register it in New York Steuben County. You cannot go to DMV to get this done so have down loaded some paper work and will put it in drop box at DMV. I was wondering if anybody knows how long it has been taking to get the registrations back to you in the mail and if I was to take pictures of the paper work and take the boat out on the lake would there be any enforcement of not regestered because of the covid 19 not letting you get this done. I had to wait 3 weeks for delivery of the boat and I really want to get on the water.

• Like 1

They have been doing things through the mail all along.  From what I understand is that each county is handling things differently and some have been open for several weeks.  The ones in my backyard just opened for appointments this week.  

It took about 3weeks when I registered my boat that I bought.  I dropped it in a drop box at the Pulaski DMV.   Missed you signature on a form had to be mailed back to me and sent back to DMV.  Hope it goes quicker for you.  This check list helped me out know what I had to have. 

DMV_ProofWizard_Checklist.pdf

Edited by mathews_hunter

I just did the same. Bought a new 196 from PA. Called around and Albion DMV said they would do it. So I made an appt and drove 45 mins. There was 3 forms I needed. 1 for boat reg, 1 for trailer reg and 1 for sales tax. I took plate from the trailer I just sold and transferred it. Walked out hour later with everything I needed. Put the new ID on the boat and had the maiden voyage last night. If you have any questions let me know. Good luck with the boat. Love mine so far . IMG_4360.JPGIMG_4388.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2