Summer LOC 2020

7 hours ago, Wassup8687 said:

When does it start?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Starts today the 27th and runs to July 27th

I’ll go with 30 king and 19 brown. Good luck everyone

3 hours ago, KilliansRed said:

Anyone know why they replaced the steelhead division with walleye?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

To try to get more people to enter from the Chaumont area is what I heard.  I think it is going to cause more people to not enter from the rest of the lake.  Another poor decision on Dave's part IMO.  If you want to increase participation, add a walleye division and better payouts for the divisions. 

• Like 2

To try to get more people to enter from the Chaumont area is what I heard.  I think it is going to cause more people to not enter from the rest of the lake.  Another poor decision on Dave's part IMO.  If you want to increase participation, add a walleye division and better payouts for the divisions. 

Ya I agree they should have just added walleye, on the west end of the lake walleye are few and far between this time of year, way easier to catch steelhead.

They should create a warm water species tournament with the same format. It would be good to promote tourism. Bass, Walleye, Carp.  Ya I said it ......carp!  This way the walleye division doesn’t take prize money away from anglers that will never travel to walleye waters. 

• Like 1

It’s also disappointing that the only weigh station in Monroe Co is  the port of Rochester. Certainly can’t help people to sign up if you’re from the east side

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UNREEL said:

It’s also disappointing that the only weigh station in Monroe Co is  the port of Rochester. Certainly can’t help people to sign up if you’re from the east side

Mitchels is still a weigh station.  

19 hours ago, JakeyBaby said:

Pay out to the 20th place...... MAYBE 5 walleye will be entered...... leaves 15 empty payouts...... means more money in their bank!

Talking about bank. They still owe me a return for the spring LOC. Did anyone get their money back , or did they just make an empty promise and kept all the money?

Correct. Too bad,Ryan and Mitchell’s are awesome.
Weigh in is at the marina at the port of Rochester. West side of the river.

Was wondering what one would do or have to do if they were fishing for Walleyes at night like a lot of Walleye guys do? Catch a fish at 10:00 o'clock for example, you can not weigh the fish correct? Only after 12:00 am is fish legal to Weigh?

6 hours ago, JakeyBaby said:

Was wondering what one would do or have to do if they were fishing for Walleyes at night like a lot of Walleye guys do? Catch a fish at 10:00 o'clock for example, you can not weigh the fish correct? Only after 12:00 am is fish legal to Weigh?

Technically you cant weigh it in if it was caught from 8pm - midnight.  That walleye division is looking like more of a flop everyday as the derby moves on.  

• 2 weeks later...

Emailed them with my invoice# and I had a check for the refund in a few days. I guess you have to request a refund. Doesn’t seem as though refunds will be automatic.

On 7/4/2020 at 7:52 PM, whaler1 said:

What a difference a day makes.

Great looking board.

Four years ago I caught a 27 lb fish early July it was off the board in about 6 days. Think i went from 6th to gone.