Cayuga Cayuga 6/28

Out of Deans, crossed lake and trolled south into the wind. Happy my son came (brought lots of snacks, Lol), usually only my daughter is interested. He caught his first trout.  Had a blast! Got 4 lakers all in 4 to 8 lb range. 60 feet down in 100 FOW. No silver. 

3D0DEAB3-3B47-44CB-9346-38592D5042C0.jpeg

45C74851-5A73-4E27-AC8B-66CF82D28144.jpeg

B5CD9762-E039-44D0-8DB2-376D656D978F.jpeg

Edited by Dan P
  • Like 2

Sure doesn't look as though you had to ask them to smile for the pics Dan:yes:

Edited by Sk8man

My son and I fished 1/2 day trolled north from Dean's from 40-205ft and then south from Dean's (all on west side) from 26 ft to 270ft (2.4-3.0 hoping to avoid lakers). Stayed within 40 ft of surface with everything (2 riggers a 3 and a 4 color leadcore and two wire dipsys up tight (running tight about 40 ft). One small rainbow on rigger 35 ft down (on slider), another a bit larger on Sutton 71 with pink UV tape at 25 ft., a sublegal landlock on a perch Rapala, behind 4 color,5-6 lb laker on same 4 color, and another 5-6 lb laker on rigger 25 ft. down. Had another pretty savage hit on the 4 color on boards) but was gone after taking the drag out. Everything released OK. All action around 150 - 170 ft. Didn't see much in closer at all (bait or fish). Fleas were pretty bad on everything including the 150 lb downrigger once. A lot of weeds floating around out toward the middle on the west side. Beautiful day but that sun got very hot so we called it.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 5

Yes Mike they are "patchy" and seem to be close to the surface as I only had out just enough braid for example to get the cores under and the wires were running very short compared with the usual. Sure makes a nasty mess in my white boat interior too:devil:

Edited by Sk8man

It isn't a total answer but 30 lb Bloodrun Seaflee with a 12 lb Fluoro for the Fingers and a 20 lb fluoro for LakeO works very well for me on the riggers