Elite Tourney 2/28 on Honeoye

GAMBLER

Fished the Elite tourney on Honeoye on Saturday. Left Sandy Bottom Beach at 8 am (the late start was the only thing I did not like about this tourney) and headed for the bluegill grounds. Iced one slob gill and 4 decent gills, then the bite slowed down almost to a complete shutdown. Stuck it out until noon and headed to the perch grounds. Filled our 5 perch limit fast and headed back in to find some more gills or crappies. Did not find anything bigger than the 5 we had in the bucket. Headed back in to be at he weigh in at 2pm. At the weigh in, we ended up finishing 4th (one place out of the money). One crappie would have made the difference. The team that won crushed the competition by 2 lbs. They found 5 slob gills, 5 perch and 3 crappies. Next season I will have a 4 wheeler to move around to different spots quicker and easier.

Great job Brian, :clap::beer: that is a very tough tourney to fish without an ATV to cover a lot of ice fast in 6 a hour time limit . My nephew and a buddy fished it a few years back on loon lake or silver lake can't remember for sure i do believe it was loon lake and placed 4th and they feel they could have done better if they had an ATV because the that the one foot of snow and slush on the bottom make it tough to drag around by hand, and i'm sure you know what that is like, Heck Dave genz himself even had a hard time on his ATV, he got it stuck and tipped it over right in front of them and they helped him get it out and after he said thanks and chatted for a while he drove away and them my nephew asked my buddy who the heck is Dave genz, so my buddy said just look at the side of your fish trap and that should tell you who he is . I L.M.A.O when i heard that, my nephew doesn't ice fish very much and had used my fish trap for the tourney that day.

Once again Brian great job :beer:

The Tourney was a lot smaller than originally planned. Lots of teams showed interest until the warm up on Thursday and Friday. The field consisted of 18 teams (7 from PA). Crappies did cost us the $ Rob. Saw them on the camera but could not get them to go. The guys that got some crappies got them in the first hour and then they were done. I had one on and lost it. 3rd place would have paid around $300.00 bucks due to the small amount of teams that entered.