Down Rigger reels

Whats everyone using for the latest and greatest Salmon down rigger rod reels?? I have been using Daiwa  Accudepth 57 line counters for the last 25 years and they are finally wearing out. I'm Looking to upgrade. 

Thanks for any info!! 

Edited by steelfire

1 hour ago, ThreeDogsDown said:

I like Okuma Convector CV-45DS. Line counter is great, high speed retrieve is great, and the drag is great. Works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2. Reasonably priced too!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan M said:

What size tekotas are you guys using for downriggers? I have the 500's for my wire dipsy setups.

I run 600's on my wires and rigger rods for salmon, 500's on my Brown trout rods. Haven't fished the new ones yet, these are the old style.

Just now, spoonfed-1 said:

I run 600's on my wires and rigger rods for salmon, 500's on my Brown trout rods. Haven't fished the new ones yet, these are the old style.

Ok - I have a pair of the new 500s, very nice, but they are a bit smaller than my Okuma Coldwater 300 size - so I'd probably have to go with 600s

5 hours ago, Dan M said:

Ok - I have a pair of the new 500s, very nice, but they are a bit smaller than my Okuma Coldwater 300 size - so I'd probably have to go with 600s

I put a couple hundred ft of 40 lb mono on the 600's and 1000 ft of 30 lb 7 strand fills the reel nice.Edit. Good luck.

Opps sorry. you were asking about the rigger reels.

Edited by spoonfed-1