Cayuga Cayuga - Dean's Cove Advice

Thinking about making an early morning trip to Cayuga on Friday to do some vertical jigging for lakers.  We can launch at either T-Falls or Dean's, but it sounds like this time of year Dean's is the best bet for lakers.  Just wondering if anybody has been out jigging lately, and what depth we should start at?

You should start out where you mark bottom focused lakers. If you head towards Dean's You are gonna mark them starting in 30-40 fow very 1st thing . You will find yourself working out more to 60 fow + as sun get's higher. Personally, I don't make a drop if i don't see what i want on the sonar 1st.

I will be out of deans first thing Friday Morning and debating jumping across the lake to Aurora or just going north or south out of deans in about 100 / 150 FOW at about 30 / 50 down on the riggers.  

a few weeks ago orang/black was a hot color so was purple.  Any updates on the colors this week?  With so little rain the water is probably clear and UV greens might be better? 

I'd follow my gut hunch and travel the east side We trolled a lot of west side Monday, orange didn't work but green and UV did. didn't try purple. The liked the perch colored size 7 rapala too. A lot of weeds scattered out in the 100-170 ft range monday and the fleas were definitely there on wire or connections of leadcore. I wouldn't have much braid beneath the water or it could be flea city:lol:

Sean I think it is much more of a problem trolling as the stuff is patchy in the water for one thing. Good luck out there bud. Try the drop off right out in front of the launch as there usually are lakers sitting around there along with other species 50 to 70 ft maybe to start?

I found Jigging on the east side south of long point Monday and today afternoon/evening, marked lots of Lakers in 50-80 feet along the drop off there (I don’t know how action is on the flats near aurora), the ones I found most active and moving and biting for the jigs were about 65 feet near the bottom. Monday they preferred a smaller 4” swim bait in pink or chartreuse/blue, today they liked the white 5.5”

Edited by WildLaker607