Adks advice

Looking to take a last minute trip, will be going going for 3 full days of fishing all catch and release and hopefully fishing evening I get there. I would like to hit at least 2 different lakes and target 2-3 different species, the more the merrier. Would prefer bass, pike, walleye, and trout if I can cast or jog for the them live bait works too. Any advice on areas to go would be appreciated!!!

Some places I have in mind are

-lake pleasant, Oxbow, piseco, sacandaga, I’ve fished pleasant once and hammered the smallies I hear they have walleye my question is are they worth it? Oxbow I’ve heard good things about bass fishing, but I am very spurious in more info on this lake if there’s truth behind the rumors.

-Tupper lake area , I hear Tupper holds huge eyes but are tough to catch I’ve read about turning your cone angle down due to iron in the water, and purple and UV baits. But I wonder if 2 days of fishing Tupper is enough time to figure out the fish? I prefer jigging but not opposed to trolling dipsys. I have not done enough research yet on Saranac what do expect there? Also any other surrounding water ways that may be worthwhile.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

The Saranac chain offers different types of water, from Lake Flower and Oseetah, which are shallow and weedy, to Upper Saranac, which is more rocky and typical ADK. It can be tough to find a place to stay, but there are campgrounds on Lower Saranac and Fish Creek, off Upper Saranac. Smallmouth are abundant, as you'd expect  Oseetah has a great pike fishery, throwing soft jerkbaits on top of the weedbeds is a blast. If you like to kayak, there is some fantastic water that's restricted to paddling nearby. It is our favorite area up there. 

Long lake pike and bass, lots of bass,  Sacandaga reservoir (northville NY) lots of bass, and walleye, with big pike this 45 in from The great Sacandaga lake. Walleye good fishing two to three hours before dark.

4CE1CB22-3591-4E81-B438-452E4905B1DD.jpeg

Edited by thork9
Added

try mason lake. plenty of bass.  another good lake  indian lake. mason lake is 7 miles north of speculator on route 30. indian lake is next to Lewey lake. if you go up I hope you know about the camping restrictions. I just got back from a 2 week camping trip at Lewey lake. there's some limited camping at mason lake. no charge. the bugs are bad right now.

I’m going to Schroon Lake for a week on Saturday. There’s landlocks and lakers for cold water and smallmouth and northerns in warm water. I’ll try to let you know how I do

Lake Colby and lake clear were always fun lakes to fish. I lived in Saranac lake for a while and used to troll with a canoe both of theses lakes. They held some impressive browns and landlocked salmon. They often were deep and trolled for them with lake clear wobbles and streamer flies that were tied by a guy right in town. Fish often in the 5 + lb range. We used to also fish from shore in the fall with streamers with fly rods. The Saranac river used to get stocked really heavy around April 1st with browns and the whole river section through the village was fun to fish during certain hatches. Kaddis hatches were fun. Most small lakes in that region are not motor boat acess able though. Lake flower in the village of Saranac lake held some impressive bass. That lake is motor boat acessable. I never fished tupper lake but the water in all the lakes is very amber colored. This is caused buy all of the evergreen tree run off. Gold colored spoons were always best because of the water being the color it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Lake Ontario United mobile app