Solo fished (with my dog) from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm on a flat calm lake. Started a North troll from 200 to 300 FOW. Hooked a small king in the prop wash while setting up my downrigger right away. Didn't move another rod from 200-300 only saw a few marks as well. Decided to turn around and go back through into shallower water. At 200 dropped a steelhead on 150 copper off the big boards. Set back up and at 190 had a 150 copper and an 8 color double up and scream. Manged to pull one steelhead in but couldn't fight the other at the same time so it eventually popped off. Ended up with a 31" 9.1 lb steelhead. 48 degree water at 65 feet, trolling 2.2-3.0. No hits on downriggers with FF or spoons. Copper and leadcore with orange crush and blue leopard spoons, blue leopard magnum has been hot for me all season.

steel2.JPG

steel1.PNG

Edited by Great_Laker
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 7:15 PM, Skywatcher said:

Nice fish! Assuming the blue jaguar spoon is a color, who manufactures them? Thanks

The one i use is by Dreamweaver and my mistake its called blue leopard https://www.fishusa.com/Dreamweaver-DW-Series-Trolling-Spoons?quantity=1&L-Size1=444&L-Color1=9849&gclid=Cj0KCQjwl4v4BRDaARIsAFjATPnXM_BjzRevk-MfDWycKrb-4j1k-UiELJzvWbWC_gRJGl6uPvpmQz0aAgx0EALw_wcB

Great_Laker:

36 minutes ago, Great_Laker said:

Thanks for the reply. I thought it might be the blue leopard but wasn't sure. Another quick question, if you don't mind. Are the spoon backs you use primarily silver? I'm stocking up for a trip next week and primarily have silver and hammered silver backs on the spoons I purchased so far. Good Luck on your next trip.

39 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

Great_Laker:

Thanks for the reply. I thought it might be the blue leopard but wasn't sure. Another quick question, if you don't mind. Are the spoon backs you use primarily silver? I'm stocking up for a trip next week and primarily have silver and hammered silver backs on the spoons I purchased so far. Good Luck on your next trip.

Yup silver backs and glow backs, good luck! Anything with green or blue and black spots seems to be the ticket