Steel or copper

Thinking about trying steel wire or copper. After doing alot of research, I'm finding that...I still can't decide. I'm new to this so what would be the lesser of these two evils(I know there is nothing evil about either method) for a new guy? I'm speaking in terms of less headaches, easier to achieve desired depths and so fourth.

I appreciate any and all input.

I have no experience with weighted steel but tone with Copper.  Copper can be a pain but it flat out produces.  I have been using Atommik Copper since the beginning and will not switch.  Toms copper is awesome stuff.  My most productive lengths are 300 and 500.  

Terminations are easy with steel - just use small crimps.  My vote is for steel unless you fish with people that have multiple years of experience with copper.

On 7/3/2020 at 2:30 PM, vetting said:

Terminations are easy with steel - just use small crimps.  My vote is for steel unless you fish with people that have multiple years of experience with copper.

I’d like to see a pic of your crimped connections. How do they fit thru level winds and eyelets?

50lb pound spro barrel swivel and a bit of shrink tubing with the smallest crimps that you can find that will fit the line doubled over.  I use Okuma leadcore rods.  The last thing you have to take into consideration is the level wind on the reel itself.  Its a tight squeeze on older reels but fits right through with ease on the newer Daiwa Sealines and Seagates.