When do you use them and in what applications? I have a bunch of them but don’t always know when to use them. Do you run them in front of spoons only? When and why do you use them? How far back do you put your bait. Trolling for what fish do they work the best? I have flashers dodgers spin doctors and those rectangular one with the angled ends.

Just been trying to figure out how to use them better.

Thanks!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

43 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

When do you use them and in what applications? I have a bunch of them but don’t always know when to use them. Do you run them in front of spoons only? When and why do you use them? How far back do you put your bait. Trolling for what fish do they work the best? I have flashers dodgers spin doctors and those rectangular one with the angled ends.

Just been trying to figure out how to use them better.

Thanks!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United 

Book a charter someday, and ask a lot of questions. You will gather a lot of info and probably be overwhelmed 

Run a fly behind them. You can run them off riggers, dipsey's or your copper and lead core.

The flasher imitates a predator attacking bait.

Google Dan Keating and invest in his books or videos it will help you a lot.

Your leader off the flasher fly should be about 3 times the length of the flasher. 8 inch 22-24 inch leader. For example.

I use them all season but for me they don't produce that great early season. When fish want them the can dominate what you have in the water. If you're getting bites and fish on flasher fly set ups don't be afraid to put a few in the water.

Caught just about everything on them.

The flash in the water can bring fish into your spread even if they don't take the fly.

This time of year I will always have at least 1 flasher out . I don't use dodgers anymore . 

Fly or meat style rig behind them . 

Can be lights out on dipsey 

I run a flasher on my probe rigger at 50 deg . 25 ft back 

Then on other rigger a spoon 10 ft below and one stacked 10 ft above ( 20 apart )  on same rigger . 25 to 30 back . 

If could only have one color it would be crush glow white. And T 41 or Mirage Atomic fly when Sun comes up  . 

Flashers are plastic, dodgers are metal. They have different actions and give off different sonic vibrations. I have days when a dodger will take fish when flashers won't, usually as my deepest rod. Run your favorite fly, plastic squid or hoochie behind them same as a flasher.  Most summer mornings, I have one of each in the water to start and let the fish tell me what they prefer. Dodger on the deep rigger, flasher on a wire diver.

Just my $.02