Went Northeast out of the channel, got set up in 150 FOW around 8 AM. Temperature break looked great at 80. Screen looked promising too. Tried 150-250 but couldn’t get any takers.

Got frustrating after a couple hours, so we went back to 100 FOW for lakers. Trolled west back to port along 100 line, since screen showed them at the bottom. Ended with 3 lakers, all on green spotted spin doctor FF, DR along the bottom.

Where the heck are the silver fish?IMG_9293.JPGIMG_9297.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

About the same story for us, we set down at one of our waypoints from Friday, in 185 fow, and hit a small king before our second line was set. We thought we might have good action,  as our three waypoints in 185-210 still showed fish, but couldn't really get them to go.

Ended up with a good sized laker ( about 15 lbs), and 3-4 lbs steelie and king for the morning.  Fished from 6-10.

Hope to find another screamer in the morning tomorrow. 

If anyone is wondering,  the fleas are pretty bad.  If you're not checking lines and cleaning them off fairly regularly, you could get bound up and it could cost you a fish.

Good luck all.

About the same story for us, we set down at one of our waypoints from Friday, in 185 fow, and hit a small king before our second line was set. We thought we might have good action,  as our three waypoints in 185-210 still showed fish, but couldn't really get them to go.

Ended up with a good sized laker ( about 15 lbs), and 3-4 lbs steelie and king for the morning.  Fished from 6-10.
Hope to find another screamer in the morning tomorrow. 
If anyone is wondering,  the fleas are pretty bad.  If you're not checking lines and cleaning them off fairly regularly, you could get bound up and it could cost you a fish.

Good luck all.

Thanks for letting me know it’s not just me. Absolutely about the fleas, we realized pretty early that we needed to rotate lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

IMO best bet out of Ibay would be to run west instead of deep. On a calm day 15- 20 min run to the west will get you in to a consistent salmon bite this time of year in <150 fow. Come August you can’t beat the offshore waters NE out of Ibay. The past two years were the only years I can remember having a steady salmon bite directly out of Ibay before August. This year, we are back to normal. We fished all the way down by Watoma Shoals today and it was a 30 min run to the mouth of Ibay from there. Worth it IMO. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, A-Lure-A said:

IMO best bet out of Ibay would be to run west instead of deep. On a calm day 15- 20 min run to the west will get you in to a consistent salmon bite this time of year in <150 fow. Come August you can’t beat the offshore waters NE out of Ibay. The past two years were the only years I can remember having a steady salmon bite directly out of Ibay before August. This year, we are back to normal. We fished all the way down by Watoma Shoals today and it was a 30 min run to the mouth of Ibay from there. Worth it IMO. 

You are right on...From Russell Station heading west we picked up 2 kings today...Didn't boat either of them but that's another story...had a few times where the screen looked good, suspended fish 75-90 over 150-160 FOW.