Sodus 7/5 AM Go With the Wind

Last evening we hit the same locations we marked fish in the morning, but after a couple hours and only a few marks we headed in early. No takers.

Started in the same area this morning (145-160), but after an hour of seeing few fish and no takers, we headed East with the wind for new water. (Same water depth)

Shortly after trolling East with the wind, we started taking hits from steelhead on spoons (50'-60') on the riggers, and mature kings on a dipsey/FF out 200' on a 2 setting.

There was one hot rod, spin doctor fly combo, that took hit after hit while the others did nothing for the longest time. Of course, that was the only Spin Doctor in that color, and every other flasher and SD we put out did NOT take a fish. Same rigs, same presentation, but no hits.

UV Glow Frog took a few steelhead and landed my 5 year old daughter's first Ontario fish, which was an 11lb Atlantic. The Spin Doctor was clear with a green top edge and silver tape on the back. The fly was olive pearl.

Ended up 4/15 in that half mile stretch, passing 3 times.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks for posting a Sodus Report
Did you take awater temp readingdown 50/60 at 140/160?
thanks
No. I'm a minimalist at the moment. I use a navigation chart on one sonar for speed/direction/waypoints and use the other to fish the marks. Fish were spread out from 50'-125'. 50' and 75' had the most active fish for us.

If recall we were still pretty warm at 50/60 down....maybe high 50's.

Had most gear in from 60-110 down, in 45 to 55 deg range

No. I'm a minimalist at the moment. I use a navigation chart on one sonar for speed/direction/waypoints and use the other to fish the marks. Fish were spread out from 50'-125'. 50' and 75' had the most active fish for us.

Thanks for posting a Sodus Report
Did you take awater temp readingdown 50/60 at 140/160?
thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app