I’ve done it multiple ways with no difference. I’ve kept it frozen til it hits the water and also have run it thawed. You gotta remember when it hits the surface water it will thaw quickly anyways especially if using pre cut strips
In my opinion the thing that makes the greatest difference is the roll behind your rig. If tuned correctly it is deadly

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I’ve done it multiple ways with no difference. I’ve kept it frozen til it hits the water and also have run it thawed. You gotta remember when it hits the surface water it will thaw quickly anyways especially if using pre cut strips
In my opinion the thing that makes the greatest difference is the roll behind your rig. If tuned correctly it is deadly

Ok Thanks. I had some familiar bite herring last week that just fell apart before I could even get it into the head. I'm guessing they where in the frig too long.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah that may have been. I use familiar bite as well. I keep it in the package and stick it in the ice in cooler. Then use throughout the trip with no problems usually

Also Try putting a little Kosher salt in the meat container you keep them in on the boat. It toughens up the skin and they last longer. Especially if your having a slow day.

Great tip

• 3 weeks later...

Meat rigs are really twisting up line what are we doing wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Meat rigs are really twisting up line what are we doing wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It’s in your swivel
A meat rig is not a stealth presentation so I would say upgrade and possibly upsize your swivel. Get a good one with ball bearings appropriately sized for your flasher and rig and you should be fine.
Good swivels are expensive but worth every penny