Lowrance Hook 7 loses sonar

tmcaul

I have a nearly brand new (20 hours) Lowrance Hook 7 that is intermittently losing bottom - no depth reading. The first couple of times this happened, I was able to get the unit functioning by shutting it down and restarting it. Sometimes several shutdown/restart sequences have been required. It has usually worked correctly after the restart for the rest of the day's fishing (2-3 hours), but last weekend the unit would not work even after multiple shutdowns and restarts. I am wondering what to do. I have not yet tried a reset, something I read about after a Google search. This is aggravating in itself, but on top of this is the fact that I never had any problems with Hummingbird units.

I do not have access to another Lowrance unit to try and isolate the problem to the transducer.

Tia for any help.

Tom

My Elite 7 Chirp used to pull this same crap. It's only purpose is my chart now. My Lowrance Ice pack does the same thing when hole hopping. I just think their 'ducers are just too finicky. I think it has somehing to do with bubbles, turbulence, speed and how the machine interprets what the 'ducer is sending to it. Much the same way it wouldn't read shallow water. Just a PITA So I went to Garmin. Much better.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

we get interference if running garmin fishfinder at 77 khz and fishhawk at i think there 55 khz. normally its the fishhawk that looses signal though. switch to 200 on the garmin everything works. just another thought.

My hook 2 did that all last season. Was brand new. Updated software on line as per Lowrance,hard boot,resets,blah blah blah. Sent it back for service and it seems ok now.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United