Had a game plan of fishing lakers for a couple hours for the LOC.  After a late night at work, we left the dock at 6:45 and headed to the laker grounds.  We were met with flat seas and disgusting heat!  The laker bite was great for the 2.5 hours we fished.  Gambler Rigs behind Death Traps and Hammerhead cowbells put fish in the boat all morning.  We plucked lakers from 100' -130 right on the bottom.  My usual weigh points were dry due to heavy currents and we found the bigger lakers on the flats not the structure.  At the end of the morning, we put two fish on the LOC leaderboard.  

IMG_8283.JPGIMG_8284.JPGIMG_8286.JPG

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

So you just decided to fish for a couple of hours to put some fish on the board.....Lol. 

When you use Gambler Rigs, it's that easy!  :rofl:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Rumor has it you were using Gary D rigs and switched over driving up the creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

They only work on Kings Billy.  Big kings!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like how Brian gets the credit and he puts the kid to work! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

But I’m sure he had a lot of fun! Nothing like that quality time!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Double-D said:

I like how Brian gets the credit and he puts the kid to work! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

But I’m sure he had a lot of fun! Nothing like that quality time!

Saturday he reeled in 21 of the browns we boated.  This morning he reeled in a ton of lakers.  The kid is a machine!  

13 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Brian grows them at the water department where he works.

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  :lol:

15 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

What was the weight of the fish? That one is a slob.  Never know maybe one morning I might wake up and just decide to put fish on the board:lol:

19.13 and 16.05.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Traveling Circus said:

Nice work Brian, your consistency from year to year is remarkable! Congrats, and lets hope they hold their positions. 

Thanks Mike.  Sandy offers some of the best waters for Lakers and Browns on the entire lake.  It is such a great but underrated port!  We capitalize on the bite when the conditions are perfect for those two species and it has worked well for us!  Its tough to give up a couple trips in the short season for kings but we get over it! 

15 minutes ago, Double-D said:

Well that kid deserves a RAISE!!!
But glad he is having fun! I’m sure he is hooked at this point on this sport!

I was a little worried he wouldn't like fishing for a while.  He showed way more interest in hunting.  The last two years, he has really started to show way more interest in the lake trolling.  Now that he is LOC eligible, his interest is rising.  He placed 3rd in the Orleans County Rotary derby lake trout division the past two years.  He really gets a kick out of getting paid to fish! 

Edited by GAMBLER
  • Like 2

I remember a few years ago I bought one of your rigs and never fished for Lakers before. Put in down and within 10 minutes had a nice laker. Anyone that wants to catch lakers Gambler Rigs are a must have. Nice job and congrats!

• Like 1

And Gambler's new Death Traps seems to work better when the current is ripping!! They are more speed tolerant, according to the boss.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1